Less than 500 Irish died in the Irish war for independence. Is it really that easy to become independent?

Less than 500 Irish died in the Irish war for independence. Is it really that easy to become independent?

Attached: 1200px-Flag_of_Ireland_(3-2).svg.png (1200x800, 1.32K)

the war of independance was only a precursor to the civil war, and the result of the civil war was a loss
the free state even sided with the british to kill their fellow people

>Is it really that easy to become independent?

Yes, if your occupant actually prefers to get rid of you from his domain rather than deal with your annoying presence

I don't get why you had a civil war afterward
fuck, then this only applies to poor regions of a country

>only applies to poor regions of a country

so like Ireland to the rest of the UK

yeah I know, the issue is that it doesn't apply to the Basque country nor to Catalonia

>britain busy saving the world from the germans
>sneaky potato munchers sneak up from the back and strike
expect no less from the cowardly irish

of course another thing is that wealthy democratic countries tend to deal with potential rebellions in a less violent way than authoritarian shitholes

can't we all just get along?

Wikipedia says 2,300 died in the Irish war of independence. Perhaps you’re getting mixed up with the Easter Rising which occurred a few years earlier in which 491 people died

>I don't get why you had a civil war afterward
because those free state bastards signed the anglo irish treaty and betrayed the ideals of the easter rising.
just look at this country now, it is nothing but a pawn of globalist ideals and capitalist greed.

Attached: Captura (625).png (481x875, 91.43K)

strike for what retard. it's irish land. not anybody elses.
they didnt even achieve what they wanted to in the end anyway

500 men is considered a big group of men in military terms, they can inflict serious damage to the opposing team. It speaks to that it was talked down before shit got worse like bombing London.

that's how the world works, you've got to use your opportunities
I think most states would consider that unilateral secession of one of their territories a casus belli

what I mean is that 500 lives as the price for being independent doesn't appear to be that much

>I don't get why you had a civil war afterward
Because the anti treaty faction were clinically retarded and had to be put down
If they had got their way it would have led to an actual real war. The regular British Army was barely involved in the conflict up to that point.. Churchill threatened to escalate the conflict with the full entry the regulars into the 'war' and Collins caved

Every life lost is a great price.
Every life lost is a family that will never be the same, a son that won't return.

So I suppose 900 Irish civilians dead don’t count as “Irish deaths” to you. Anyway, the reason why the IRA suffered so comparatively few deaths is because they were a guerilla force who usually only engaged the enemy in ambushes or assassinations, not open battles.

You know the Battle of Thermopylae, 300 men against Iranians. There was a movie about it.

>being proud of having a cuckstamp
As expected from a chinesian.

First of all, around 20% of Ireland’s landmass is still under British rule to this day, also, Ireland did not get full independence straight away, instead the Irish Free State was granted dominion status within the British empire which meant that all Irish MPS would have to swear an oath of allegiance to the British King who was still Ireland’s nominal head of state (Ireland would only officially become a Republic in 1937). Because of these factors many IRA members at the time didn’t see it as a victory which is why there was an Irish civil war afterwards

ohh, that's true
it doesn't say if the civilians are Irish or British. I understand you assume they were Irish bc the war was fought in Irish soil, so pardon my ignorance.
> they were a guerilla force who usually only engaged the enemy in ambushes or assassinations, not open battles.
again, pardon my ignorance, but how could a guerrilla defeat the fucking British army?
yes, it is. But the truth is that almost all countries that have become independent have fought a war before, and 500 losses for a war of independence don't appear to be that much to me. Tell me about countries that have seceeded from a former state peacefully.