Tell us a bit about yourself

>tell us a bit about yourself
is this stupid bullshit question common in your country in interviews? I have been in 5 interviews and every fucking time this stupid fucking question has appeared and youre supposed to say some bullshit, there is no correct answer but they dont want you to be honest in the slightest you cant fucking say "I have no job and need money so I dont fucking starve to death" but they want you to talk about how youve worked every single fucking day of your life since you were 12 or theyll kick you the fuck out and never consider you again
so, is this a common thing in your country?

Attached: 1628600400925.png (418x430, 184.08K)

tl;dr

just make up some random bullshit and roll with it
americans don't suffer

I prefer this one way more than "what's your biggest weakness", what's so hard about giving a high level overview of yourself? autist

dont know im a neet lol

people here keep telling me everyone is hiring yet ive gotten no calls back from shit tier jobs and my inbox is automated rejection letters and recruiter spam

Attached: pq.jpg (700x529, 108.13K)

just lie really. questions like this are retarded and your best course of action is to straight up lie, dont waste time on trying to be honest

Kek same here

>"what's your biggest weakness"
I usually just say I'm not that big on off-hours gatherings, that I would work as much as you want but I won't go to lunch with Timmy from HR. Never got any problems from saying this, people just assume I like to keep to myself.

Every white collar “job” I’ve ever had was more about fitting in, speaking a certain way, acting a certain way, sending out certain signals more than it was about doing any actual work.

It is mental hell, especially since you’re being constantly encouraged to automate what little real work you have left. Why? For what? So I can sit on more committees and in more meetings? No thanks.

Would immediately get you filtered in America unless you’re like in IT or Engineering

I said on an interview once that I wanna buy a mercedes.
I also said that I like watching anime with cute girls

Attached: 45384AE9-776E-493D-B32D-F325DDD86165.png (736x736, 160.09K)

> high level overview
Corporate speak

But the answer is he’s a person not a PowerPoint presentation he doesn’t have a high level overview

I have I like animu on my cv too lol

I tell them I am platonist and my nro 1 thing in live is to become godlike

What is the problem? Just tell them about yourself.

If people could set their ego aside interviews wouldn't be like that
Recruiters really get their kicks out of that shit

Because this question used to exist so people didn’t hire weirdos and crazies without realizing but now it exists so they can hire corporate yes men, virtue signallers, and the sort of people who ask their coworkers to take “which Harry Potter house do you belong in” quizzes.

Is it socially acceptable to be a platonist in Finland? When I am open about being a platonist I receive only ignorance and mockery.

>whats your biggest weakness?
"I suppose it could be that I don't really like to share my personal life with my colleagues and workplace, I like to separate work and life"
there, then should shut them up for a while

And then you get rejected for being an icky gross chud.

mcdonalds is hiring

Would you really want to work somewhere where they don't respect that?
I suppose being an engineer I can allow myself not to care too much about starving, nor does anyone ask these questions, worst I had was being asked to talk about my hobbies, so I just layed some stuff that fits the job, like hosting lanparties and setting up a home server.

Just don't be ugly (worked for my brother's job interview lol)

HVAC is constantly losing people and hiring more. Mostly from them being too stupid or lazy to handle the job. Become an AC and heater technician. A lot of companies are desperate and hire people with no experience.

Nobody never said pretty much nothing about it but I also havent talk about it with many people.

>tell us a bit about yourself
This is the easiest question ever.
"Oh, I really like films/books/art. I try to read/watch/paint quite often. It's really a pleasure for myself" and then you just keep expanding. Favorite art mediums/directors/films/books/authors untill they get sick of it.

are you saying that there are places like that in lithuania? how do i move to lithuania

>you cant fucking say "I have no job and need money so I dont fucking starve to death"

this and I fucking hate lying.

fuck off boomer

actually I'm ok with that one, I just tell them what I studied, what I'm interested in doing and that with the covid thing the job hunt has been slow
the real piece of shit question is if they ask you about your salary expectations. If you go too low, you get exploited, if you aim too high, they'll hire someone else
honorable mention "where do you see yourself in 5 years" and those types, cause you either seem ambitionless or unrealistic.