Bros who were born in the 80s... There is a certain aesthetic, I can't quite label or identity

bros who were born in the 80s... There is a certain aesthetic, I can't quite label or identity.

It is something we would have seen in our early childhoods. It's like, urban 80s brick, with a chainlink fence over it, Sesame Street, classroom at school, -- gah, I can't explain it. Does this make sense to anyone else?

Attached: MV5BYjUzZWI3ZGItZGE4MS00OGQ0LWE0NDUtNmVhMDU0NGIyZWY1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc3NDgwNzU@._V1_.jpg (979x760, 49.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m8exYC4_kkU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah. Old, dusty school hallways after dark, the little storeroom under your stairs. It's natural, it's pre-digital. I know everyone will dogpile on you OP for using "-- gah" or whatever other arbritrary style of speech, but I know what you mean.

I felt this watching Slacker

Is that Fairuza Balk?

wow good pick

>dude everything was so heckin wholesome and real when I was 8-12 year old!
People born in the 50s called the 80s soulless at the time, your nostalgia is not some epiphany

yeah but they were right
its been a steady decline

Which one of these is you?

Attached: 1647168761379.jpg (720x1079, 104.75K)

OPs not calling it beautiful, you dimwit. It's something similar to how all "serious" movies these days have a greyish-blue overlay on them.

yea, but it's sort of beside the point.
I'm trying to get at this 80s, urban, Sesame Street, Punky Brewster, brick early 90s, chainlink fence, VSH arcade aesthetic. i want to recreate it in my room or something and live in it forever,

Attached: 3c19b481b40131aa4f24612308c968cf.jpg (600x315, 29.99K)

I know it's beside the point, but I'm still gonna fap

Maybe but the point is you don't feel any more or less nostalgic than they did, emotionally speaking, ie regardless of any social or political differences between then and now, you're just reiterating their same old inane
>it was better because I feel like it was better
OK so what?

>soi fags don't wax lyrical about muh 80s aesthetic
Where have you been the last decade?

There's definitely a feel to movies of that era. No matter how fantastical the film there's still a level of realism you just don't get now. Think of The Goonies, Wargames, Short Circuit, Labyrinth etc. Fantasy films that look 'solid'. Naturally that means the normal movies are even more gritty.

No, just the way you talk in memes is clearly a sign of your age and söy levels.

I was born in 1980 and grew up in suburbia and have no fucking clue what you were trying to say.

Pic unrelated. Brick with chainlink fence over it reminds me of children's after school TV programs like Sesame Street that were indoor studio settings made to look like they were outdoors and so had some contradicting juxtaposing elements. You also see similar things in video jockey studios and the like, walls and ceilings painted like a country scene/sky.

Attached: 8c874306762996db8612e37be2d8f204[1].jpg (900x693, 140.86K)

You didn't see from the suburbs, at the time, a certain urban aesthetic of the cities? Of New York City? It had like, brick walls with graffiti on them, and chain link fences over the walls, and things like that, but it was mass produced and repackaged for surburban dwellers in the 80s and 90s? Baggy jeans, 80s, 90s, brick, urban, spray paint, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, skateboards, Punky Brewster, etc

This is isn't something anything but a particular American generation could possible understand.

youtube.com/watch?v=m8exYC4_kkU

bottom left is very meaningful. That is a picture as close as one can get in this life to the eternities of heaven

>we're the kids from yesterday

Attached: the world you were born in.jpg (1080x779, 143.16K)