Question for these countries:

Question for these countries:
Is your Roman past looked upon fondly by your countrymen?
In Britain we fetishize any influence the Romans had on us despite us courageously BTFOing Caesar twice.
I see Frenchies boast about it too, despite Caesar genociding Gauls.

Attached: RVME.png (4592x3196, 1.15M)

No

No

We don't even remember we were Romans.

>Is your Roman past looked upon fondly by your countrymen?
It is yes, it's not heavily fantasized about but towns with Roman history have annual events in their honour and memory. It's more of a fun thing than anything but personally I think it's good to remember the past

Attached: Rimljani.jpg (800x533, 201.56K)

wtf

Attached: 1589308891050.jpg (514x601, 43.23K)

>his town doesn't dress and larp as romans for a whole week once a year
SAD!

Attached: 01A9147.jpg (900x600, 133.01K)

I love Slovenia so much it's unreal

The biggest roman genocide happened in northern Gaul. In Belgica.
2 out of the 3 biggest belgic tribes were virtually destroyed, ethnically cleansed, killed down to the last toddler.
Yet we fetishize Rome influence to an incredible degree. we have museums dedicated to them here and are generally proud of it

Yes. To be Belgian, is to be a cuck.

neural
we accept some cultural marks they left and there are some old buildings that might have roman themes for attracting tourists

There is no continuity, the empire collapsed in 476, we came in 614 AD. But it is impossible to ignore such history because the evidence of Rome is literally all around us. Croatian nobles, Renaissance artists, professors who worked in Rome, priests... they all saw Rome and ancient times as the pinnacle of human civilization. Until only 170 years ago, Latin was the official language in Croatia. Some of our neighbors still call us 'cunning Latins'. Croats are the only Slavs living in the Mediterranean, all this is significantly different from the Czech Republic, Bulgaria or Russia.

>In Britain we fetishize any influence the Romans had on us
post hands, paki

It is sad actually, that sounds cool

MAYBE WE DO

Attached: york-romans.jpg (1200x825, 239.42K)

Why is it sad? It's just harmless fun, we Slovenes are a joyful folk at heart, we love games, music, good food and drinking so any excuse to hold a fun festival it's a good one. People want to forget about their daily life and struggles even for just a while and festivals are great for that
Nice!

Attached: pricele-so-se-xi-rimske-igre_1534496307.jpg (800x533, 139.1K)

kys cuck. R*meshitters practically wiped us out

>us

yes us. what's the problem?

AHAHAHAHAH OP CAN'T YOU SEE YOU FINALLY ADMITTED THAT ITALIANS ARE ROMANS?
WE WUZ CONSULS AND SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Nobody gives a fuck about that.

Wewuzing, top kek
Janez, jel imate vi neke rimske rusevine ili stare rimske gradove (znam da je ljubljana bila emona) u kojima je ostalo nesto sacuvano kao kod nas npr solin ili dioklecijanova palaca, ili je sve ovo samo zajebancija? Ne znam pa pitam.

There is some Roman historical reenactment in the south

it's an undeniable fact they are our biggest ancestry branch aside from the Franks. It's not we wuzzing cringelord

Half of you are French, the other half are Dutch. What you are talking about is like me saying that Croats are Illyrians. Lol

Powerful and right-wing people claim France to be a Roman cultured country, people on the opposition claim Germanic (Franks) and Gaul culture.
I remember a TV show where a government representative said about restricting welfare "we can't do like the Scandinavians, we're descendants of the Romans" and that sparked outrage. On the otherside we have the yellow vests proudly calling themselves "refractory gauls".

historylet detected.
What do you think southern Dutch are?
or Northern French?

'Dutch' isn't an ethnicity or a peoples idiot. It's a collection of mix of different ancient tribes. That is undeniable.

we have some festivals but it's just an excuse to get wasted

Attached: LF8C1F1_123513.jpg (1278x720, 209.29K)

We actually do sweetie

Attached: arde-lucus.jpg (1278x720, 251.08K)

We don't have a "Roman past"
They used the Danube river for transportation but have not let much things here

Are you a Celt? No? Then stfu.

Even if I am mostly germanic I am still quite heavily celtic as well

>we can't do like the Scandinavians, we're descendants of the Romans
holy based

why are whites like this

>Why is it sad?
i think hes saying that its sad his town doesnt do that

>Janez, jel imate vi neke rimske rusevine ili stare rimske gradove (znam da je ljubljana bila emona) u kojima je ostalo nesto sacuvano kao kod nas npr solin ili dioklecijanova palaca, ili je sve ovo samo zajebancija? Ne znam pa pitam.
Nekaj ruševin še stoji a nažalost je bila večina stavb uničenih po razpadu rimskega cesarstva ter ko smo postali krščani. Vi hrvatje imate veliko bolj ohranjeno rimsko dediščino. Te rimski festivali so bolj za zabavo ter sprostitev a vseeno je zgodovina parih slovenskih mest vezana na stare rimljane
Nice

Attached: 2880a7b353d5dadb99ef_62438589.jpg (1024x576, 154.35K)

Not based at all, it was some LREM mongrel who said this to justify cutting welfare. Looks like this country is forever cut in half.

We boast about our Greek and Phoenician past but never about Rome.
t. Sicilian
Maybe not to be confused with you? You definitely are the worst shithole of all the countries that were Roman soil.

Friend, there is no historical continuity between the ancient Celtic tribe after which your country is named and you. Also, many Croats in Dalmatia and Herzegovina are incredibly tall and dark-skinned, which means that they certainly have some 'Illyrian' genes, but none of them claims to be Illyrian. The Illyrians and the ancient Belgians are extinct peoples, it is foolish to say ‘we’.