/film/

Thread for the discussion of arthouse and classic cinema.

"Fine, I'll fucking make the thread myself" Edition

Previous:

Attached: 15ea70bd50af6ca1b847f95377d60028.jpg (720x530, 39.23K)

What's the best drinking classic?

Attached: the_lost_weekend.jpg (350x255, 29.46K)

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Long Day's Journey into Night
any film where someone stands infront of a roaring fire and downs a glass of liquor then throws the glass into the fire

Been slowly making my way through his films, finally watched Early Spring last night. While I missed not seeing Setsuko, it was still a great film. Love Ozu cinematography and editing, takes balls to be blatantly ignoring and even defying established "rules" of cinema back then, inside such straightforward dramas.
Been going chronologically, Tokyo Twilight is next, I'm dreading going into color.

Attached: BAMBER-Early-Spring-750x400.jpg (750x400, 55.83K)

Remember what has to be done.

Attached: chad.jpg (1052x800, 163.52K)

>After.Yang.2021.WEBRip.x264-ION10
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9b678e5b1bb46374bf4fdce7d8a57aa9ae969e3d

Attached: 1642468559817.jpg (338x507, 24.07K)

I refuse to watch this racemixing propaganda garbage

We're all on Discord.

Not really, no.

>I'm dreading going into color.
Why? Ozu's use of color is masterful.

While I'd usually post the "off topic" pasta, the threads need to stay alive so I won't.

This looks fucking hilarious, any real reason to watch this outside of potentially Farrell's acting? I looked up the filmmaker and he looks like a giant fucking meme, anyone making Youtube video essays shouldn't be handed a career as a filmmaker. I almost don't want to watch this on principal.

no, it's directed by asian guy

go fuck yourself

>any real reason to watch this
Columbus (2017) is /film/

It's much better than Any Forums.
We can actually have a conversation.

Ah okay, this makes me less anxious then. Also sucks just finally starting to run out of Ozu to watch.

>It's much safer than Any Forums.
>We can actually have a dilation party.
kys

Many of the color films are some of his greatest works, except for Good Morning, which is still a fairly entertaining light-hearted comedy.

>Many of the color films are some of his greatest works
Damn really? I know everyone always says Tokyo Story is his best but I really enjoyed both Late Spring and Early Summer more.

Yes. An Autumn Afternoon might even be my favorite Ozu film. A perfect ending to his career.

Awesome. When I finish his films I'll finally get to watch Tokyo-Ga and read "Ozu's Anti-Cinema", both of which I've been really looking forward to.