Is the world objectively a fucking mess at the moment or has it always been like this and I'm only starting to feel sad...

Is the world objectively a fucking mess at the moment or has it always been like this and I'm only starting to feel sad about it because I'm not yet old enough to learn to not be bothered by it?

Attached: 1dea1ec06840910a61a7ab3eea8bcfc5--frog-meme-sock.jpg (219x230, 6.28K)

Not my problem.

I'm a massive history autist and I'm the most phased by the "world is ending" nonsense being peddled right now. Only real serious issue is climate change. Everything else is business as usual in reality, but maybe people who were sheltered in the past 50 years(think middle class and up anglophone nations) are now coming to reality and are exposed to the reality of the world and such become hysteric. Despite everything happening right now I wouldn't want to be alive in any other time period in any other part of the globe

*unphased

Honestly dude, there’s nothing wrong with the world, like at all. It’s me. It’s always been me.

what this dude said, the world has always been a million times shittier

>i suffer in 1st world country
No, you dont.

Does that include nuclear power and information technology?

>I'm a massive history autist and I'm the most phased by the "world is ending" nonsense being peddled right now. Only real serious issue is climate change. Everything else is business as usual in reality, but maybe people who were sheltered in the past 50 years(think middle class and up anglophone nations) are now coming to reality and are exposed to the reality of the world and such become hysteric. Despite everything happening right now I wouldn't want to be alive in any other time period in any other part of the globe

Attached: E_Anr8AXIAAQDf9.jpg (640x896, 70.48K)

This, I could never survive in any other time period

yeah this autist is correct

standard of living is better

society is worse due to tech disruption i.e. social media, human activities shifting to computing in general

There are issues, but they are inflated by social media / news outlets to make you obsessed enough to keep watching/browsing their garbage.
Unfortunately that mentality has infested society. The true danger lies in not seeing that fact for too long.

The world has always been a mess and will always be.

Don't worry user things have always been terrible!

Attached: 1485126712608.jpg (956x720, 397.22K)

Incredible, an actually correct and non-insane post for once.

Honestly even just going back in time 50 years would be too much for the majority of westerners, myself included

I feel as if that's a bad thing. I don't know if living in a world this sheltered is good for you.

Now is the perfect time to be a reclusive autist that masturbates a lot

We face unique problems in the 21st century. In terms of culture, the western world is at its lowest point in modern history because of rampant consumerism. Most young people are autistic and afraid of basic social interaction like talking on the phone. It's crazy how much more sociable and outgoing my father's generation is compared to the current generation. Climate change, resource scarcity, and economies build on debt and speculation also threaten a great collapse.

personally wish i was a peasant thousand years ago and shit myself to death really good times

Nah, the 70s were the peak of American culture. Even with stagflation, the economy was a lot better too.

The difference is that now you have Internet and access to news almost in real time so you can be ovedramatic and believe that war, inflation or pandemics never happened before, and with us having way less advantage than in 2022

Attached: 1653202539067.png (1920x1080, 3.71M)