Oldest city in every country by date founded

Attached: 9pjd3hws4zm02.png (6460x3480, 1.93M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Norte_Chico_archaeological_sites
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are sudacas even trying?

horrible colour scheme

I don't get it, is this employing all of India had cities?

lisbon is the 2nd oldest city in europe, after athens
why is poortugal colored the same as spain?

What US city was founded before 1500?

Retard

Attached: afsfasfas.png (226x66, 7.86K)

No it's just counting the oldest for each country so it's filling out the entire country for having that one old city

Tons of these maps are fakes made by randos

Tucson and Oraibi, AZ. They weren't cities until much later though, they were just villages that continuously survived to the present and in Tucson's case, became a large city.

Das rite

It's not before 1500 but St. Augustin was build near the start of the 1500s IIRC

Sky City New Mexico

i think mine has been inhabited for ~8000 years

Lmao at South America

I'm sorry mate but it's true

We got no history at all and that's no secret.

Attached: images (18).jpg (392x375, 16.34K)

It's okay. The only thing that really matters is the present anyway.

-Marcus Aurelius (paraphrased)

this map is wrong, but the true map may never be known due to sparse archeological records ("continuous inhabitation"?). therefore, I'm going to ignore OP's picture and instead post my own, an 1800s photo of Aleppo, which was once a beautiful city.

Attached: 1280px-Alep._Prise_de_Bab_Antakieh_%28publi%C3%A9e%29_MET_DP-1757-027.jpg (1280x1001, 332.83K)

Cusco as a city dates back to at least 1400, and before that, it was a village known as Acamama for about a century.

In the New World, the oldest examples of monumental architecture are found in South America.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Norte_Chico_archaeological_sites

However, with the exception of the coastal area, Andean cultures were typically "anti-urban", living in villages and small towns, with cities being much rarer than let's say Mesoamerica, but one of the major exceptions was the Inca Empire, which founded a lot of what could be called cities, although to be more specific they were, for the most part, large administrative sites where people from local communities came to serve the state for a period of time

Most were fairly new administrative sites, so in many cases there was little attachment to them, and after the war and pandemic hit, some were abandoned so as not to be occupied again, others, however, continued to be occupied but in many cases were moved (several times in some cases) over the centuries for a variety of reasons (for example, the current location of Quito in Ecuador, which is probably the reason why Ecuador is colored the same color as Peru on that map)