It was good

But holy shit, I've never seen zoomers praise an average (but good) movie so hard. Like yeah, it works, it's pretty well done. But it has flaws. Not enough to make it a bad movie imo, but still flaws. But I don't understand why so many channels in Youtube and comic book fans are crying of happiness about it, saying it's a flawless masterpiece, the new Dark Knight, the perfect movie, etc (yes, they say this, even that it's one of the best movies of all time. No, I'm not making it up. I wish)

It's still a flawed movie. A good one. What is weird is that we have people saying it's better than The Dark Knight, which is just ridiculous and contrarianism at this point. It's not even close to The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight is such a good movie it can already be considered a classic, part of the National Registry of Films. The Batman at best will get some awards, some praise, and then be forgotten, because it gives nothing Nolan already didn't do, and do better. It wouldn't matter if it was a movie unrelated to it, but it's the same Batman story. It's one of the few movies of the 2000s that actually had some cultural impact and people still talk. That alone proves it's quality, or at least it's importance as a film.

I'm not saying The Batman is bad. I liked it a lot. Specially how Gotham was. But imo it's not a masterpiece or even close to what these people say.

Attached: thebatman24r.png (644x286, 142.02K)

In your opinion. That's all that matters in the end. It's your opinion. Doesn't mean what you feel will come true.
I think it's a masterpiece with only one flaw. It's my opinion.

People are starting to straight up not understand films. They think aesthetics is the only thing that matters because it's the only thing that translates well to video clips like on YouTube and TikTok. I have seen way too many people decry older films for not "aging well" simply because of the older effects or cameras used while highly visual modern movies get a bunch of passes for mediocre stories and awkward acting because they look good.

Zoomers aren't real people. Millennials are the last human generation because they group up slightly before the internet took over society.

>some praise, and then be forgotten, because it gives nothing Nolan already didn't do, and do better
They should stop doing that. Like the final Batman monologue was so cringe and it was obvious they were trying to emulate Gordon's speech from TDK. Reeves is simply not good at this pulpy sort of dialogue that Nolan does.

> user is old
> user is mad
> user begins to relate to his dad
> his prime time is over
> he's fading to dust
> he now lives on Any Forums
> just waiting to bust

Attached: old.jpg (591x512, 36.63K)

Has anyone noticed that people want something that is "so bad its funny" even in movies that they supposedly think are good? The "URL rata alada" riddle is so fucking stupid and the way they solved it was even worse and people just think Matt Reeves meant for it to be a joke.

Cope
The Batman dethroned Nolan

> he's a watchful protector
> a silent guardian
> a dark knight
yeah, that's great dialogue user
I too dislike The Batman and love the Nolan kino

How? TDK is still the most beloved, most praised, and most known comic book movie ever.

Based rhyme

Attached: keking.png (360x346, 141.61K)

>visual modern movies
Have you noticed it's all the same style as well? Dark, lit by teal and orange, lots of neon light lighting, thick black silhouettes?

It doesn't matter whether it suits the movie or not. Slap that aesthetic and you got people praising it for the visuals.

its zoomers who are into "bisexual lighting"

Attached: bisex.png (1567x612, 1.1M)

Right, quoting the final line without precending build to make it look awkward. Here, let's look at the full quote from The Batman for comparison.

Attached: 1646920323039.jpg (1920x2718, 1.11M)

> Because (2x)
> Sometimes (2x)
IT'S POETRY!

Attached: ackshually.png (710x666, 183.56K)

you can't deny that the final speech was so memorable it solidified "not X we need, but X we deserve" into iconic movie line canon

Is that from the movie? Kek. It reads like fanfiction. Reeves should get a co-writer next time.

>Words shouldn't repeat
Really, is this your criticism? Kek.

It reads like generic motivational poster quotes.

I didn't say it didn't have an effect on the culture. I said it was bad writing.
Yes. Nolan's use of repetition in this case sounds childish and boring.
Reeves writes comic book dialogue in a far more believable way. Batman's final monologue sounds like something I'd read from a comic, whereas Nolan's sounds like something I'd read from a high school essay.

>Reeves writes comic book dialogue in a far more believable way.
What kind of fucking retard thinks comic book dialogue is good or should ever be taken in account for cinema?

>Nolan's use of repetition in this case sounds childish and boring.
You're low IQ. Seething about word repetition is probably the most brainless criticism one can make. Repeating words like because or sometimes is common in speeches which you would know if you've actually read anything other than comic books or listened to public speakers.
>Batman's final monologue sounds like something I'd read from a comic.
Please retard, are the comics you read from targeted towards grade schoolers? Because that's what this sounds like. Clunky and awakward.

if the el rata alada stuff was in a Marvel movie, it would be made fun of for months

>Nolan's use of repetition in this case sounds childish and boring.
You're either a pajeet or a faggot who has never read anything beyond capeshit. Is Churchill's "We shall fight in the beaches.." speech childish because it repeats "we shall fight" several times. The gall of you to claim that Reeves' speech is more believable because it's like more like your comicbooks which is inherently unrealistic and mostly filled with bad dialogue.

When someone is making a fucking comic book adaptation, then writing dialogue similar to a comic book isn't a bad idea.
Go back to /lit/ you pretentious fag.
> muh public speakers!
Repetition is cringe 99% of the time. I've never seen someone nail it in a film before. "I'm Vengeance" is the closest thing to repetition we get in The Batman, and at least they space it out with three hours of movie.
You faggots make fun of everything. Even if rata alada was proven to be written in the most clever way on Earth, you guys would still shit on it.