What was the world like 2000 years ago? What was your country like at that time?

What was the world like 2000 years ago? What was your country like at that time?

Attached: 1653182292649.png (1769x790, 560.2K)

My country was recently conquered by some Roman general. I think there was a revolt during this time or something. Uhh I guess that's it.

>What was your country like at that time?
Exactly the same

We just chased away a bunch of funny clothed manlets from our lands. I think their leader was called Cezar or something. Anyway, good riddance, I'm sure they won't be coming back any time soon heh heh.

Attached: Ambiorix.jpg (675x900, 124.27K)

>My country

UUUUHHHH, CIVILIZATION IS GOOOD
WHY ? BECAUSE....
T'S JUST GREAT OKAY !??

Nothing much here, peaceful life under the roman empire in 22 AD. I guess my grandpa would still remember the conquest of Caesar

>What was your country like at that time
the last time things were going good for us
it never got better again

My country was a bunch of small tribes and chiefdoms. In my region they lived in villages like this and Tequendama falls was one of the most sacred places for them.

Attached: periodo_herrera.jpg (1000x591, 163.53K)

OP asked me what my country was like at that time bruh

You are Germanic

Half of my ancestors were in Dacia and had just got partly conquered, while the other half in the south of modern day Belarus.

luv me primordial bogs
luv me persian brothers
ate romanz
ate siberian gooks
simple as

india's golden age was during the gupta empire(~400 CE - ~600 CE) tho.

First of all there's no way to tell if this was 2k years ago or 1600 years ago, second of all i got nothing else to say.

well i meant upto 1000bc
so yeah that included

Here there would have been Plains Indians (maybe proto-Algonquians?) hunting buffalo, but they didn't have horses yet so they had to do it on foot. Probably not fun.

Lol this is why i hate my country

ooh ooh ooh ah ah

Barely populated

>England (Geographical term)
Inhabited by the ancestors of the Welsh and Bretons. The Romans hadn’t arrived yet so there was no Christian presence. They worshipped the Celtic pantheon of Gods. My hometown is thought to be named after the God of Art, Lugus. The country as a whole was split into hundreds of tribes. The Britons of the day had their own priests called Druids. The Druids were forbidden by custom from writing down their teachings, everything was passed down orally, which is why we know close to absolutely nothing about them. Another peculiar tradition of the Britons at the time was Headhunting. Warriors would slay their enemies during a battle or duel, cut their heads off and then preserve and display them at home. It’s likely that this had spiritual significance, the head was the most sacred part of the body to the Pagan Celts, they believed the head contained the soul so it’s not a stretch to imagine them believing that if you owned another man’s head, you owned his soul. This practice actually carried on in some parts of Ireland and Scotland until as late as the Middle Ages, but by that point very little was remembered of their original faith or why they originally did this. By then, they’d been Christian for well over a millennium. The name for our island, Britain, comes from the Celtic word “Pretani” which meant “the painted ones” referring to the tattoos and bodypaint popular among the native Britons.
The island was covered by thick swamp, marsh and forest. Caesar described Britain as a lush jungle, untouched by man.

>England (the people)
The Angles, Saxons and Jutes still lived in Angeln, Saxony and Jutland. Their descendants would one day sail across the North Sea and take the land from the Britons and make it into their own and later mix to become English. But at this point earlier in their history, they were indistinguishable from the Proto-Norse. It’s likely even their languages were identical. Proto-Germanic.

Attached: 9309B218-E3E5-4AC9-902B-F3DAC03D099B.jpg (506x592, 74.75K)

Britain was a foggy island at the edge of the known world.
It was a Celtic land, inhabited by a dozen or so tribes that each held their own territory, had their own king, had their own walled fortresses and minted their own kings. It was the Iron Age and they constantly fought each other over everything.
They spoke the same language (Common Brittonic) and followed the same religion (Celtic druidism). They were one people, yet never unified under one king.

The Britons were aware of the Romans, and had even fought them before, although the Romans left the island unexpectedly. They were not prepared that in only a few decades, the Romans would return, with an even larger force, and bring Britain under Roman control for good.