Why do people hate temple of doom so much?

why do people hate temple of doom so much?
>dark, pulpy colonial atmosphere
>great action scenes
>doesn't rely too much on humour like last crusade but is funny at times
>great cinematography and use of colours
>willie is an intentional homage to the damsels in distress of the old pulp stories and serials
Why do zoomers hate this film because of muh racism and muh sexist woman sidekick? haven't they read the original pulp stories that inspired indiana jones?

Attached: indiana_jones_bridge.jpg (620x368, 254.26K)

I have never seen anyone hate on this movie, I think you just have paranoid delusions from spending too much time on Any Forums

I hate this movie because I hate India. I genuinely would rather rewatch Crystal Skull.

The opening is exempt, the 30s China setting was great and that would have been a great movie.

based pasta
dilate

I havent seen a single person (in real, not over internet) to hate it. However I know people who hated Skull and already hate Indy5 because Disney.

doom is based because it's about anglos dominating indians, raj nostalgia and all that even the british officer comes at the end to save the day. it makes indians and woke types mad which is why it is the best indiana jones

Attached: flashman.jpg (1500x2291, 1009.85K)

The horrible cast and characters cannot be ignored, they're constantly there and all the attempts at humor fall completely fucking flat, actually doesn't even fall flat its just annoying. Short Round and that woman are the most annoying characters ever.
Pretending they weren't and pretending you can just ignore them and enjoy the good aspects of the movie is a lie.

That's fair but I still hate Indians and would rather not have to hear or look at them.

I loved Short Round as a kid and love him still as an adult. I wanted to be him more than Indy. He drives a car, plays poker, helps Indy, is tough and charismatic, and fights bad guys. He's not cringe or racist and the next film should be a Short Round spinoff.

t. suburban white kid

I also like Short Round.
But I like him more from Goonies.

>MISTAHHH JONEEES

Based Short Round appreciator

Fund it!

It's dull, boring and drags

Far too much slapstick, willie is best girl though even if it's the worst Indiana Jones movie

Elsa is the best girl. And it's because she's a Nazi.

It's not even fucking racist.
The dine at a palace controlled by a fucked up evil sect, no wonder the food is fcked up as well.

I don't hate it, in fact I think it's better than Raiders. Modern Sois probably don't like it because it dunks on Indians instead of whites ('nazis'). But to be honest it has a clunkier plot than the other two.

>YOU BITCH BLOODY BITCH BASTARD INDY

Attached: shit_brickhouse.png (1416x1618, 2.43M)

Would have been kino if that guy went on a full-scale furious Indian rant as he was being dragged into the rock crusher

he was literally the nazi boxer from the first film in brownface kek how did they get away with it

cringe take

The mid 80s was fueled by coke, kino, and johnny gambino.