How come the father figure is constantly mocked and humiliated nowadays?

How come the father figure is constantly mocked and humiliated nowadays?

Attached: B17D41EF-64F8-4FF3-8D2F-2EC63E648748.jpg (1280x1600, 424.07K)

Homer Sneedson

Hollywood has an anti-family, anti-male agenda. Very simple. You could have just googled this it's all very obvious.

Men (and masculine people) are more independent and harder to control. Male-led nuclear families tend to be some of the most cultural conditioning/programming resistant households in the country. These are all rotten products of endgame democracies. Maintaining power becomes a matter of programming society.

We took a vote, billions of people across the planet, and decided that decades of media should be created with the sole purpose of upsetting you specifically. The cost didn't matter, the quality didn't matter. People have died to achieve this. People put in years of work, knowing they wouldn't be there when the payoff finally came but still dedicating themselves to the great work. All because it would upset you.

But we did it. We made you mad. God, I've been looking forward to this day.

We fucking did it.

Stop asking rhetorical questions.
Problem exists = Jews

watch fargo season 2

>Stop asking rhetorical questions.
>Problem exists = Jews
are you a glowie or actually retarded ?

hes not, next question

>nowdays
It's an old archetype. You will find examples in movies from any era.
There's this Dreyer's movie from 1920s, Master of the House. The guys is a piece of shit who treats his family really badly. His wife leaves him to get better (if I remember correctly she fainted and the doctor recommended her to leave house for some time).
The rest of the movie is the guy being humiliated by his family and his former nanny.

They aren't, they are just presented as the flawed people they are rather than being overidealized.

You don't suddenly become a wise, genius moral pillar just because you didn't wear a condom. Fathers are just people. Daddy Knows Best was always just a message to discourage asking questions, fall in line because daddy says so.

Best post

OP forgot to mention it's almost always a dumb/mean/useless dad vs. capable/rational/pragmatic mom dichotomy, not merely "good Dad has a few minor flaws to work on". It's very on the nose and you know it, but really this trope is like 50 years old and this thread is late by about that much time, the idea of a father has been murdered in media a long time ago.

I hate women

user, I'm not mad I'm just taking a shit.

>50 years old
It's older, see:

And I doubt it's the first story with this trope.

Another old one with useless man (not a father though) and pretty much a perfect woman would be True Heart Susie (1919) directed by Any Forums's favorite Griffith.

Because retards like you watch and pay for those movies.

Common trope in non-Hollywood movies. Especially in early German and French movies. They had some kind of humiliation fetish so the male is often treated like complete garbage. Very often he's also a cuckold. They really liked this trope. The French still like it.
Hollywood movies were much more conservative back then.

Broken Blossoms (1919) - abusive father
True Heart Susie (1919) - useless man
The Phantom Carriage (1921) - abusive father
Dr Mabuse (1922) - pathetic husband
La Roue (1923) - fathers falls in love with his adopted daughter, it's really weird and creepy, obviously French
Greed (1924) - everyone is a piece of shit in this one
Variete (1925) - guy gets cucked, everyone laughs at him
Master of the House (1925)
Sunrise (1927) - guy is a cheater and attempts to murder his wife
The Circus (1928) - abusive father
Pandora's Box (1929) - femme fatale treats all men like shit

So, 11 out of 105 silents I've seen (many of them are Buster Keaton's shorts, so it's probably closer to like 80).
Still that's quite a lot movies with bad/useless men and good women.

Men are mostly shit.

For 1930s I can think of some screwball comedies with this theme, like Bringin Up Baby. Also The Blue Angel is basically humiliation fetish the movie.

take that back

Because many people don't have them, and they resent that fact, so they cope by trying to "destroy" the concept.
It's a sad fact.
Don't fuck any woman you wouldn't want raising your children anons, be in it for the long haul.

/thread