Why wasn't it as popular and influential as The Sopranos?

Why wasn't it as popular and influential as The Sopranos?

Attached: 91qRlq14EEL._SL1500_.jpg (1182x1500, 313.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WtzkAgHVihI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no to both but its still a very good period piece gangster drama.

Because nobody buys Steve Buscemi as a mob boss.

>Knock-off sopranos

remember when this scene happened

youtu.be/WtzkAgHVihI

and we all thought we were gonna' get another sopranos? naive, innocent times...

Because it's got way too many characters and it's silly as hell.

Because it wasn't as good

it wasn't really that good and people just watched it initially because they thought it was high class hbo and that they had to but no one really enjoyed it and people stopped caring after like season 2

Ran out of steam by the third season

This was a factor, terrible casting, but also it was really slow and boring most of the time, and that cunt muy cheeldren was very annoying

>Why is a show that takes place in the 1920s not as a good as a show that takes place in the late 90s - mid 2000s

I liked it, but I understand why it wasn't as popular as sopranos. Knucky Thomson is not a great character, he's pretty unlikeable and immoral and generally just not entertaining to watch. In contrast you have Tony Sopranos who is likeable but immoral. I always found the supporting cast more interesting, Lucky Luciano, AR, Johhny Torrio and Al Capone all had more interesting plots imo

This show was pretty great for it's first two seasons and then had to have the third season saved by the main anatagonist. The rest isnt bad but it's not super great either. The 5th season at least had an interesting gimmick I suppose

Came out at the same time as GoT.

Fell to shit after season 2. Shouldn't have killed off Jimmy.

SEA

Attached: 1626633798200.gif (252x263, 2.91M)

Because it drops the ball in many, many places. Still love this show though and actually physically own it.

BE was unironically HBOs flagship show until GoT hit season 3. GoT didn't get noticed by normies until after season 2 and didn't become a tour de force until after season 3

So it's worth a watch then?
I have HBO Max & I haven't settled on what series to watch next.

Attached: 1617230978784.png (447x447, 543.88K)

Imagine being such a piece of shit to work with that they have to fuck up an entire series just so they don't have to deal with you anymore

>deletes all ir*sh characters
much better

I hear Six Feet Under is pretty good.

Who you referring to? qrd?