Why don't Corsicans just admit that their language is Italian...

Why don't Corsicans just admit that their language is Italian? This would make it easier for them to keep their language in front of French, since it would have more prestige and utility.

Attached: Flag_of_Corsica.svg.png (750x450, 35.35K)

>Italian
>prestige

>tf
>tp

>tf
>tr

>tf
>tn

>Why don't Corsicans just admit that their language is Italian?
It's not though.

>tf
>tt

vous avez crossè la ligne, saloppard

Attached: 1480961646439.jpg (656x526, 44.21K)

mon amic, il mio fratello, stop

Mamma mia!

It's genuinely more Italian than 80% of native local languages in Italy proper. It's close to Tuscan itself. If one would use linguistic autism to create a "pure" Italy it would be Corsica and Toscana.

>tf
>tp(aella)

Italy isn't just Tuscany though. It's closer to Tuscan dialect because of old connections such as trade.
Man, Corsica is a weird place.

why would you admit something you don't believe just because you think it would give you an advantage in something that will never happen (independence)

italic languages are just a different way to speak latin, corsican is indeed an italic language, i don't think anyone has any doubt about that

because it is factually true. They are deluded, but their language really is the same as the Tuscan dialect from which Italian was standarised.

ma stai zitto COGLIONE

Why do people make those weird threads when France being at thw xeossroads of Europe makes it so that all extremities are basically linguistically similar to the nearest country ?
Like wow we took territory from Italy and those people speak an italian dialect.
Wow there is an intangible ethnolinguistic border in the south both in the Basque country and in occitania/Catalogne, same with the Rhine areas.

I don't understand you. The problem is that Corsicans themselves don't seem to realize or don't seem to want to admit that their language is Italian. They should say it out loud, that would make their language grow instead of dying.

I'm British and I'm actually surprised how nobody back home knows about the place. Of the 17 million Brits that visited France last year, only 37 thousand went to Corsica

1) Italian nationalism can easily be accused of fascist sympathies
2) It's a way to obtain autonomy without being accused of separatism. By separating the Corsican identity from the Italian one they try to make Corsican autonomy compatible with French unity.
3) The Italian islands have always been like this. Sicily almost achieved independence after WW2.
4) Most Corsican nationalist are dumb.

Standard Italian is just a standardised version of the Florentine dialect spoken in the 1300s.

>1) Italian nationalism can easily be accused of fascist sympathies
i think everybody knows and accepts that like half the italians are fascists you can stop larping as if you weren't

Because France treats them better unironically. Apart from some language meme Corsicans live better than say, Sardinians. France has a lot of problems like any other country but it's better off and wealthier than us.

I don't mean that they should consider themselves Italian nationalists. I'm just saying their language is dying bc people see it as small and useless, if they called it Italian it would gain much more social value. It's the same with calling Galego Galego instead of Portuguese
>Sicily almost achieved independence after WW2.
that would have been very based