Are Europeans really this dirt poor or is it just a meme?

Are Europeans really this dirt poor or is it just a meme?

Attached: 1652986120876.jpg (1242x1041, 508.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinq_à_sept
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's true, even those of us with higher salaries get fucked with absurdly high tax rates

this
in Sweden if you don't get stuck up on semantics, we pay about 90% taxes on our income at the end of the day

most americans make 31k

All true. America is the only wealthy country in the world. Only Switzerland gets close to that in Europe.

Attached: Net average monthly salary 2021.png (1210x944, 414.57K)

Americans tell people their salary before taxes. also there are only like 10 states in the entire country where you can make over $100,000.

Sites like here and reddit generally attract richer people than the national average.

100k is rare here outside good London salaries.

At least Euros have decent work life balances and a sense of community, while we have neither AND shitty wages.

before some retard sverigetråd-zoomer faggot who never worked a day in their life and think they're smart because they got good grades first year in high school tries to say I'm wrong or exaggerating

32% of your salary is shadow taxed i.e lowered because of social fees your employer has to pay, then you pay 30 - 33% income tax depending on where you live, on top of which you pay 24% VAT on everything you buy

Yes europe in general is poor. France especially is a disgusting shithole with abysmally low wages and high taxes.
All memes.

What I still dont understand is how euros have such a comparable and often better standard of living to ours making so little. Someone making 30k here is practically a shitcleaner that can't even afford rent and will have 10k deducted for taxes. Barely above the poverty line.

40hr work week in France is funny. He must include the 2 hour paid lunch he gets each day to smoke and drink at as working.

because they actually make the same as us but half of it goes to taxes to make their QoL better.

lär dig matte

Exactly like this user explained, but in Norway you also have to pay 33% in customs as we are not part of EU Customs Union (Which by the way has even Turkey as a member).

I suffer.

Attached: Oslo.jpg (1900x1267, 542.58K)

Yes, no one make 100k here, making 30k net/year is like a dream for everyone here

>2hrs paid lunch
More like half an hour and you get paid 9 dollars an hour for 12 hours shifts every days.

Yea, but a one-time hospital visit doesnt mean facing a financial ruin.

scotland > uk?!??!

Why do people feel the need to lie about their salaries online? I don't mean there isn't anyone making 100k+ but half of Any Forums seems to make double while also having half a million stashed away for retirement at age 30.

Honestly I do not know what I would do with 300k a year. I get around 52k and am already very comfortable with, the only thing I strive for is home ownership which is currently an insane proposition here even for people making 100k/year.

Unironically, lower expectations. Most Europeans are okay with not having a car and living in a small apartment with 1 bedroom.

being an emotionally weak pussy and/or wanting to troll people out of sadism

30k is a wonderful pay here

Attached: BB989414-1693-4358-A53D-A012B657211D.jpg (600x608, 50.07K)

>implying taxes are used to improve anything
Kek

if you lower your expectations might as well only live on $100 a month since that's what you need to afford food in Europe and in the US (assuming you cook) and maybe a few hundred for the bills

healthcare is absolute shit in most of Europe
UK healthcare is as good as Romania's
I went there once and my GP didn't know shit about the human body
they had old devices that looked outdated even by Romania's standards
they only had indian doctors that didn't know how to operate the medical equipment

UK is nothing but suffering.

Attached: British richness.jpg (1000x1471, 412.87K)

That 2 hours lunch break meant both my parents were able to come home, cook fresh food and have lunch with their kids as a family before we all went on with work/school
Thanks to that not only I didn't grow obese but there was also little worry that their job would interfere with raising us

Work to live rather than live to work is not a meme

Yes i know. Moreover its not even free most of the time

>median income in half of the country is slightly above the min wage
whats going on there

there's no point living there unless you go to London but living in London is really easy, just share your house/flat. A month's rent for a house in London is like 2000-3000 in a nice, clean area not too far away from the center. If 3-4 people live in 1 house you can pay 2500/4=625 a month which is ok

Well that's not the case in Norway at least. Purchasing power is really low here. You wouldn't last a week with $100 unless you eat nothing but pasta and beans for every meal.

>absurdly high tax rates
>zero tax on first £12500 earned
>20% tax after that up to £50000
>40% on anything earned over £50000
Compare that to any other western country and there's no way anyone would call that 'absurdly high'

then I was wrong, sorry. Here you can live decently with around 100 or so a month just for food.

I earn 24k€ (after taxes) and people see me as a millionaire

lol

Many Europeans live on much smaller foot than Americans realise. But there is also a crucial difference. If you’re on a small income in my country, you probably live in fairly small but clean apartment in a normal safe neighbourhood and take the bus instead of a car.
I’m not going to mince words here, most of the suffering caused by being low income in the US is caused by falling under the nig line and no longer being able to afford the segregation fees. (Separate vehicle. HOA neighbourhood, etc)
T. Belgian but lived in the states

A significant portion of people online are teenagers and students fantasizing about making lots of money before actually starting their careers.

I'm not joking. Like, a quarter of the time you see someone on Leddit talk about money, it's a 19 year old talking about their potential future salary.

You dont suffer. Those would be high tier in france.

he also gets paid overtime for en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinq_à_sept

ktim

It’s true unless you work in Luxemburg

My man
The way you live, the size of your houses, the huge fucking wagons you drive (and have 3 of), how easily you discard and buy a new television, AC everywhere, etc.
That's how roughly 5% of our population gets to live. Nobody else can afford it.

You are

Why isn't Norway apart of the EU Customs Union?

Our houses are much smaller, we don't buy new cars, we eat out less.

Keep working sven, millions on welfare depend on you!

I make 1900€ a month post tax

Attached: 1652992989046.jpg (992x975, 113.14K)

Lol no

That 19k is before taxes btw

We're not poor you faggots

1-0.68*0.67*0.76=65%

Do you pay for your apartment?

Me too. To make matters worse I messed up some things with my taxes and just had to hand over €3000 to the tax agency. All money I've saved up over the last 2 years including my vacation money are gone now and I can't even save anything else. Haven't been abroad for 5 years now

Lol, I get 1600€ in autismbux per month.

this but 500

I actually own a house, ironically

I think it has to do with fishing/oil extraction rights in the North Sea.

This
Most people here work 35hr at best and take a break every 30min to smoke a cigarette

No way

what are the benefits that you get from that?
free healthcare, free college, what else

>$100
that barely lasts me two weeks and i'm only eating one real meal a day (cooking myself)

Public systems all over Europe are failing and most cost money
All the memes you're spouting are from the 20th century

They're not very expensive here, there's a reason I make so little. I can't progress financially even if I had the motivation because there are no better jobs

no way. if you made a mistake they will surely refund you? happens here occasionally.

I buy stuff in bulk and live close to a large supermarket. I paid the same when I was living in London 1y ago. Maybe not $100 but 150 or so

>free healthcare
No
>free college
Public universities are dogshit and paid with your taxes
Private ones cost as much as in the us.

anyone with an education lives better in the us
thsts it, if your parents were able to pay for your uni, or you got a loan, you live on a level better even than meme countries like switzerland
its crazy that they have actual poverty, imagine how little effort some of the people living there have to put in, talking about 5 hour work weeks or something