Would the Trilogy have been better if they firmly had the Black Guy be the Main Character instead of the woman?

Would the Trilogy have been better if they firmly had the Black Guy be the Main Character instead of the woman?

Attached: 960x0.jpg (959x540, 65.33K)

He had a more interesting back story. A rogue stormtrooper is a decent enough idea. But the whole paradigm was wrong. If they were genuinely creative they would have flipped the OT on it’s axis and have the bad guys be the running rebellion and use luke as an inverse Vader who appears for a few short minutes and kicks ass.

Almost anything would have been better than what we got.

the problem is the writing you faggot

For Israel!

Only one man could have made this better.

Attached: georgelucas.jpg (344x425, 16.36K)

Yes

Attached: blacked.webm (960x400, 2.87M)

He realizes he was in the wrong and brainwashed, and later guns down all his fellow brainwashed friends. The writers are so stupid

THEY FLY NOW!?

hearty kek

Protagonist turns to villain in the sequel is one of my favorite tropes, but i rarely ever see it, it's mostly in vidya

Finn was such a good character at the start just to get absolutely thrown to the side and wasted because of a feud between 2 fucking losers

This.

Disney Wars are trying to cash in the last bit of nostalgia he left behind with OBIWAN.

Might as well just give him an unlimited budget and start cranking out his movies before he croaks.

No, they were both bad characters.
At least Finn had the backstory to make a potentially interesting character, Rey is just full of cliches.

yes? why are you even asking that.

they wouldnt have written a black guy to be a passive protagonist who has things happen to them like they would a woman.

lmfao

Maybe if the actor wasn't shit.

Unironically he was fine in the first movie and his scene with Poe escaping the First Order at the beginning was the best part of the movie.

That scene made the least amount of sense. He just switched allegiances within 3 minutes and decided to kill his fellow workmates he's known for his whole life.

The film had my interest up until they ran into Han Solo. At which point I knew the story was going to be "go to checkpoint, have setpiece, meet prestablished characters" since Han is "the guy who knows where to go".

Having a story with two novices exploring the universe without a safety net while on the run sounds much more exciting.

that would require numerous scenes where the characters rey and finn encounter obstacles, and overcome them, while bonding but perhaps also sparring over their differences. in other worlds building a relationship that the audience can relate to. who has not quarreled with a friend?
but if they used all that time to film rey and finn, then they would have less time for the heckin epic cameorino

Marginally, sure.
But there was no way to fix what Disney had in store for Luke.