So film criticism is problematic now?

So film criticism is problematic now?

Attached: 9DF3A7DE-7D79-4E08-85E9-ACB6E1E9850C.jpg (828x907, 555.24K)

Why would the whole cast need to respond to such an inoffensive comment?

Attached: 1608852150423.gif (400x404, 387.67K)

writing a review of a children's movie from the perspective of an adult man is retarded

who cares? the only retards who still read reviews are the same retards who will watch all the new garbage regardless of what the reviews say

Pixar movies are for manchild adults. They freely admit this at this point.

>writing a review of a children's movie from the perspective its main audience is retarded

>bugmen vs spineless bugmen
letthemfight.jpg.exe

but pathetic inceIs buy tickets for this shit, look at the catalog any time a new baby movie drops

It's almost like Father's don't exist

>turning red
>turning commie
Seems fitting.

>I recognized the humor in the film, but connected with none of it. By rooting ‘Turning Red’ very specifically in the Asian community of Toronto, the film legitimately feels like it was made for [director] Domee Shi’s friends and immediate family members
>Which is fine — but also, a tad limiting in its scope
>Some Pixar films are made for universal audiences. ‘Turning Red’ is not. The target audience for this one feels very specific and very narrow. If you are in it, this might work very well for you. I am not in it. This was exhausting

white boomer nerd unable to cope with stories not about white people
it not a criticism that it wasn't good, generally. He specifically says he can't relate to it because it's about an asian girl and set amongst her culture.

Attached: Oconnell.jpg (400x400, 60.61K)

YES, it's meant to be full on advertisement.

>who cares?
Clearly the snowflakes who cancelled the critic care. The critic who got down on his hands and knees to beg for forgiveness also cares. There's a whole world of mental illness outside of this Any Forums bubble, user. And those mentally ill people have way more influence than us.

He said nothing wrong though, it's just an observation.

It's only a problem if you're ignoring shit and/or lying

That's right, Jay!

I always get a chuckle of how males try to write in this “ponderous wise man.” voice as they reach their 20’s.

>males
post tits

Why should the review get taken down? Why not leave it up so people can engage with the opinion? Fight ideas you don't like with better ideas. You don't stop people from having an opinion by REEEEEEing until you can't see it anymore.

A film review
>it critiqued the film
OH NO WHITE RAGE MISOGYNY WHY WOULD A FILM CRITIC DO THIS

Attached: D1A0966D-BC02-4469-8FE4-FA8AB9ABB3C3.jpg (377x381, 50.5K)

So it sounds like he planted a very commercially damaging seed, and the execs need to kill that idea

>>Which is fine — but also, a tad limiting in its scope
>which is fine [but actually its not fine]

>Some Pixar films are made for universal audiences
>[good pixar films] are made for universal audiences

>‘Turning Red’ is not.
>[turning red is not good]

Because it's about an asian girl and set amongst her culture. What other reason does he give?
There's no other explanation. He's saying it was wrong, generally, for a pixar film to be made about an Asian girl and set amongst her culture.
He's not able to view their experience as universal or empathize with them and he does not want their stories to be part of mainstream culture.

Let's not get into whether he 'did anything wrong' or not, because you will argue in bad faith as you don't think racism is wrong.

>white boomer nerd unable to cope with stories not about white people
Princess and the Frog, Mulan, Raya, Moana all feature non-caucasians but their themes are universal. It's not that hard to grasp.
If you make a movie about a small ethnic neighborhood in a city, and only be about references those people would understand then your movie is not full of universal appeal. Which is ok, if that was your intention but naturally not everyone will love it.

true

Don't worry, he won't be reviewing anymore

:)

>children's movie
These movies are made for weird tween/teenage theater girls, actual children nowadays spend all their time playing videogames, watching streamers or doing TikTok dances

>Fight ideas you don't like with better ideas.
That's not how leftists roll. They believe in silencing your opponent. Ban him and then arbitrarily label him something that will damage is reputation and salt the earth.

You sound like a chud who sees jews around every corner. Just letting y'all know.

you're a retard

>a movie about a small ethnic neighborhood in a city
That's not a theme. That's setting and character.

What themes do this film have which are not universal? He doesn't say and you haven't said. The film is about puberty, growing up, etc. Those are universal themes.

Is getting your period really such a big fucking deal?

>In an interview with CBC, Rosalie Chiang, who voices Mai, disagreed
This is like when I knew a gay guy who kept recommending musicals and sterotypical gay icon movies to me and I pointed out you know I'm not gay and he got all flustered at the idea that he only liked these things because he was gay. He thought he was either individual in his taste or that these things had universal appeal, because he couldn't imagine not being gay. So here's chingu lingpo saying huh, why would only asians like it, wuh

you assumed he's a chud, that makes you just as bad.

dea here muhfuggah, reds panda pussy red too lmao bussin

>now
are you forgetting Black Panther for PS2 was the best thing ever made?

a chinese movie could be about puberty, doesn't mean we have to watch it.

That’s a pretty unflattering picture but that all seems pretty valid and not even that harsh, admitting that a movie you’re reviewing isn’t appealing to and their maybe a bias is reasonable. Why the fuck would the director in the cast respond to a review that’s literally just says the movie wasn’t made for them? I mean when you’re pushing for inclusiveness and representing demographics someone not represented should be allowed to dismiss it as something not intended for them

If you don't like musicals you don't like musicals.
That's a genre.

If you don't like films about gay people then you're a bigot, or i guess, have a very small amount of empathy. There are so many great films about gay people.
And if you don't like films about asian people it's the same.

Yeah. It sucks and isn't relatable. I don't give a shit about ugly characters and the niche subculture of fucking Canada of all places. The only positive thing it has going for it is the red panda design. Learning that the whole thing is tied to menstruation cuts my interest immediately as I imagine it would for most if not all men.

>The target audience's eyes for this one are very specific and very narrow.
jesus christ, how did he get away with it?

Attached: pikachu.png (1123x1071, 881.67K)

Maybe the ching chong roastie who write this film shouldn't have just written it for herself.

SJWs and wokists for the last decade:
>IT'S NOT MEANT FOR YOUUUUUUUU!!!! JUST IGNORE IT AND SHUT UP CHUD!!!!!
SJWs and wokists when someone says, "I guess it's just not meant for me":
>OMGGGGG YOU CAN'T JUST SAY IT'S NOT MEANT FOR YOUUUU!!!!!!! YOU HAVE TO CONSUME PRODUCT AND PRAISE PRODUCT STOP IGNORING USSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

>There are so many great films about gay people.
No one is talking about your home movies.

No they don't

>There are so many great films about gay people.
Shut up, faggot. No they're aren't.

I highly doubt you have even seen it. I haven't. Neither of us know if it's good or not.

>ugly characters
criticize the character design or animation style then
That's valid.

>Learning that the whole thing is tied to menstruation cuts my interest immediately as I imagine it would for most if not all men.
No? That's just called a coming of age story about a woman. There are a lot of brilliant films about that. And the experience is not unrelated to your experience as a man.

Once something is labeled as predudiced it is thus toxic and has to be removed by those with power. The current rules are that powerful cannot ignore racial/sexual minorities when they make complaints. Yes, this is completely stupid because it just creates a race to the bottom since someone somewhere is offended at everything and potentially everything can be made problematic with enough thought.

Lawrence of Arabaia, Ben Hur, Spartacus

Hell, the greatest tv shows also have significant plots focusing on gay people, Sopranos, The Wire, Mad Men.

Reviewer claimed film was shit.
Left threaten him.
Left claim he needs to rethink his ideas.
Harassed till review is taken down.
Lefty reviewer to redo review.
Left reviewer is lefty disney boot licker.
Reviewer is FORCED to apologise for having an opinion.

The left are the literal nazis of today yet claim they fight against nazism....is this fucking irony lost them or something?