Nation-states are made up of mostly one ethno-linguistic & cultural group...

Nation-states are made up of mostly one ethno-linguistic & cultural group. I have extremely nitpicky standards and will colour you anything than blue if I spot one bit of ethnic differentiation between your cunt's demographics. These countries tend to be the most stable on average and when there's strife it's usually for some other reason.
Nation-states with orange stripes are ones whose identities emerged recently or who assimilated other people inside of their state (also recently). Mostly the same as normal nation-states but can have some internal unrest (like France with the Occitans) or have some beef with neighbors that resemble them (Serbo-Crotians, East Slavs).
Civilization-states are multiethnic but their identity comes from a wider shared history that's enough to hold the country together (the composite groups also tend to be related and similar). Normally only restricted to India and China, the term can infact apply to many European countries. Generally stable.

This map does not take religion into account.

Anyways, thoughts?

Attached: map.png (6460x3465, 2.59M)

India isn't civilization state it's two civilization states combined(Northern Indo aryan-Southern Dravidian) with one ogga booga one(Burmo-Tibetan), North Indian civ is pretty different than Tamil civ actually

Good map, but why didn't you put Kosovo, Macedonia, Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Israel and Sudan as civilization states?

Oh wait I forgot to colour the small Mediterranean countries.
Malta is blue. Rest are red. Cyprus would have been blue if it wasn't for you-know-what.

we are 25% albanian and 30% muslim

Also Turkey and Bosnia should be Red

>Nation-states are made up of mostly one ethno-linguistic & cultural group
Why are the Stans blue then?

>Russia
>Nation-state

>slovenes, norwegians and swedes are ethno-states
>french, turks, serbs are not ethno-states
sit on dick

>kosovo
Should be part of Albania.
>macedonia
Should be part of Bulgaria.
>iraq
Made up of three ethnic/linguistic groups. The "Arabs" have two subgroups that are split by north and south.
>syria
See above. West and East this time.
>jordan
Two ethnic groups (bedouin arabs and sedentary arabs). Ruled by a Bedouin elite.
>israel
Not homogeneous whether you nitpick Jewish subgroups or not.
>sudan
Not homogenous.

>Turkey
>ethno-state aka nation-state
Really? Don’t they have quite a lot of minorities?

>like France with the Occitans
Are you drunk ?

They are. I just said they became so re recently.

They are mostly homogenous aside from Kazakhstan. I still colored the latter blue cause it's passable.

Explain North Africa to me, how did you go about classifying the countries?

You have tons of unhappy Berbers.
Morocco kinda does too but not as much.
Libya is split by West vs. East (the civil war lines are not coincidence).

France is a civilisation state going from your definition, the French Republic merely inherited the monarchy's borders.

Cool map but Eritrea should be red (not homogenous nor civilisation) and Madagascar should be light blue (shared history).

meh, I expected more thought to be put into that

>Occitan separatism
holy kek why are foreigners so funny

Well Morocco is orange because of all the dynastic history stuff and connections to Andalusia.
It would have been if the Parisians didn't assimilate other groups post-revolution.

Ok but you still fit the definition.

>you still fit my arbitrary foreign scum definition
don't care I just came here to laugh at you

>Made up of three ethnic/linguistic groups. The "Arabs" have two subgroups that are split by north and south.
Thailand has 5 main groups, and even "Thai" is separated to northern central and southern, I think you should research more and redo this map, or change your idea of a nation-state

SEA was indeed the hardest part and most I wasn't sure of.
But I haven't heard of any intra-Thai unrest.

idk what you mean really the uk is perpetually at risk of balkanisation to varying levels