I-IS THAT... REINCARNATION!?

Why are Japanese people so addicted to the genre of a 30-year-old fat loser NEET virgin with no friends dying and reincarnating into a world where his knowledge of basic mathematics makes him a smart popular sexy man with tons of friends and 30+ women of different species fall in love with him and have sex with him constantly?

It's literally everywhere in their media, ranging from manga/anime/video games.

Is it because of Buddhism?

Attached: b5b.png (495x900, 28.74K)

Do you love Japan?

Idk maybe they hate their life?

escapism? self-insertion?
dunno if it's related to Buddhism though that's an interesting idea. isekai isn't really like reincarnation in Buddhism I think, which only happens after death of the individual and begins with birth. it's more like being whisked away to Oz.

Yes.

>why does anime cater to its audience
Yeah wonder why

>IS THAT... A NEW SOIJAK??? *squees, shaking excited lil hands for stimming*

>Is it because of Buddhism?
no, it's because they live a shitty life and the reincarnation fantasy is a way of scapism.

I would like to reincarnate too if I was either an exploited wagecuck who gives his time and soul to a company or a hikki neet who lives among his own thrash and cum stains

note that none of those cases has sex

It's a power fantasy for the loser narcissists, mostly.

t Loser narcissist

The obsession with reincarnation is Buddhist, the autistic escapist sex part is the result of a depressing uptight society

Yeah I couldn't even finish Tokyo Revengers because it was peak japanese wish fulfillment. Like we get it dude, you regret not asking your crush out in middle school.

>reincarnate as a shota
>fuck every older MILFS because you know what is sex despite your age
I don't see any problem.

PS If you think that narcissist pandering is a Japan-exclusive trend, you're not paying much attention.

Hai

Explain first.

Attached: point.gif (364x480, 3.08M)

Delete this NOW

Attached: 1652944077449.jpg (1280x720, 553.51K)

Asians are just like that. If something catches on they'll shamelessly copy it ad nauseam.

Self insertion

1) no
2) because nobody struck a new gold vein yet so they are still stuck in isekai land like the copycats they are
3) it's pure escapism because their lives are mostly corporate wageslavery shit
4) partly 3 is also caused by the retarded take that people deserve more respect(=better paying position, more authority etc) simply because they are old which screws over young elevens who start at those companies which still abide by that, unable to advance
5) it's just fucking fiction go read fantasy novels from the last century until a new trend catches on if it bothers you so much

Nah, they are kinda cringe

>you don't get it bro, my cookie-cutter by-the-genre isekai like konosuba and re:zero are actually DECONSTRUCTIONS of the genre, they may have all the genre staples and power fantasies but its SATIRE bro trust me

Attached: 1626663998015.png (643x554, 62.43K)