Why do all human beings, across all nations, cultures and time, love gold so much?

Why do all human beings, across all nations, cultures and time, love gold so much?

Attached: 106620723-1594976641999gettyimages-758308751.jpeg.jpg (1600x900, 151.85K)

are you a woman

Its rare and its shines pretty and you can make pretty things with that
Simple as

its nice

Attached: coin2.jpg (3264x2448, 2.6M)

No, I just really like gold. Does the image in the OP not just make your mouth water?

>it's rare
>it shines
>it looks like sun rays

It's rare, durable and you can scam geezers with it

Its in our DNA, The annunaki mixed their DNA with homo erectus to create humans who would mine gold for them so their planet would remain inhabitable

It's shiny. If only we had a leader made out of gold…

>his country is goldlet
shiggy diggy

Attached: Top_10_gold_reserve_countries.jpg (1000x672, 62.71K)

it's heavy and beautiful.

I think that It was only valuable in the Mediterranean so merchants would go to other places and buy it for nothing to resell. People noticed and now it's valuable because other people bought it for high price

true

Because it doesn't rust.

In Trad. Chinese Culture Gold was second to Silver, and both are below Jade.

Attached: Imperial Seal Dragon Head.jpg (900x633, 75.76K)

A couple reasons
>shiny
>very little of it exists so it's extremely hard to devalue
>prior to us discovering its conductivity, it wasn't really good for anything other that use as a currency

Humanity loved shint stuff from the day a random Grug found a shiny pretty rock and started showing it to all his caveman friends. And gold is VERY pretty and shiny. And veru valuable.

It's basically a scam. What rich people did was become too lazy to do anything like farming and you obviously can't store a thousands different resources in bank vaults so you trick the merchants and peasants into thinking gold is valuable and when you control the gold mines you can basically just take whatever you want from people

Indian women own an estimated 25% of the worlds gold, almost all of it is unaccounted for
Indians are literally addicted

>only 244,000 metric tons of gold have been excavated in all of human history
>it's estimated theres only about 56,000 metric tons left to dig up
That's why it's both valuable and stable, inflation us all but impossible

Yes, a value agreed apon, its even more ridiculous with diamonds.

I have a gold tooth

honestly idk it doesnt seem so useful
iron,copper and aluminum are probably more useful

it is shiny and has a lot of worth
there is no feeling in the world quite like holding a gold bar

It’s not useful. That’s the point, gold and silver aren’t useful metals practically but they are actually super useful in measuring abstract value aka wealth

Have you read the book Sapiens? It’s written by one of your countrymen, he explains gold very well

>gold and silver aren’t useful metals practically
They absolutely are in electronics.

Gold is very useful for electronics since it's an excellent electricity conductor, and it's also used in the aerospace industry