How do I become a director if I have no money?

How do I become a director if I have no money?

Attached: 1646874005578.jpg (630x773, 418.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9fC20NWhx4s
youtube.com/watch?v=r_9f1_z8y1U
youtube.com/watch?v=F_N3mSCcyVs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You don't

you don't

start by directing theater in college

you want glory? you wont get it. you can have fun making videos thats it.

join your national intelligence agency and sell your soul

be jewish or black with a jewish wife

Why? Because Jewish are smart and talented?

sam raimi and bruce campbell went to dentists and asked them personally to invest into the evil dead. also cameras are cheap these days, if you want a better one rent one. Biggest problem is getting enough cheap actors who are also reliable.

You have to start small user. The more good stuff you make the more people will want to see from you. If its actually good more and bigger people will be willing to give you money. Sorry, but thats really the only way. Or go a different route in the industry and become a director once you're already successful. Honestly user out of all the crew roles director is the least likely to make a career in from the start. Most directors start as something else - writer, producer, actor, etc. If you really cant see yourself as anything other than a head creative, go for writer.

Use your phone and read books on filmmaking from the library, or just don't and give up your dreams.
The choice is yours!

yes because nepotism doesnt exist

nepotism does exist and chances are you won't be successful because of all the political shit, but it never has been easier to make movies than now. Even the financing if you don't do anything cancelable.

I wouldn't say that's entirely true.

Jesus, Brie is the ugliest bitch in Hollywood.

If you have a decent PC and don't mind CGI animation, check out Unreal Engine. People are putting up movies on YouTube and Vimeo they made on their home PCs that look like big budget Hollywood productions.

youtube.com/watch?v=9fC20NWhx4s

youtube.com/watch?v=r_9f1_z8y1U

youtube.com/watch?v=F_N3mSCcyVs

Attached: ue5-demo.webm (1280x800, 2.98M)

Do what kevin smith did.

>Twisted Firestarters internally

Look into Troma films and how they do it. It might inspire you to just make stuff

cry?

Neat.
The first one looks nice.
The second one made me think about what the anomaly is and what it wants to do.
The third one just really wants to direct the Rock in a movie that's essentially Metroid.