Do you have any sayings/idioms in your language that use other nationalities to describe something?

Do you have any sayings/idioms in your language that use other nationalities to describe something?

Here in Brazil a Greek gift is a gift that you're never going to use and it'll just stay in storage taking up space forever

A French shower is when you just change your clothes and put on a little perfume without actually bathing

Something that's a pirated or cheap knock off is always described as Paraguayan

Attached: 1652914758098.jpg (640x853, 466.83K)

Attached: grim.jpg (554x553, 28.49K)

We say he talked in french when someone was cursing a lot

siedzieć jak na tureckim kazaniu = literally "to seat at a Turkish sermon", basically to not understand a thing
ruski rok = literally Russian (actually Ruthenian but okay) year, a very long period of time
udawać Greka = literally to pretend to be Greek, to pretend to have no idea of something (probably inspired by Socrates )
Can't think of any others

>the stinky french is triggered
lmao

funny and original joke, nice.

Think twice before hurting my feeling joao now

"indian giver" refers to someone who gives you something but then suddenly wants it back. refers to american indians because they gave away land and then asked for it back

"going dutch" means splitting the bill with someone i.e you're both cheap

"irish goodbye" means leaving a party without saying goodbye to anyone

"irish sunglasses" are black eyes

>Here in Brazil a Greek gift is a gift that you're never going to use and it'll just stay in storage taking up space forever
That's not what it means.... It's clearly a reference to the Trojan Horse

It's okay to be smelly

We call something “Peruvian/Bolivian” to describe its bad quality.
FE: this is the Bolivian nike (to say a brand is shity)

so many about the dutch ive no idea why them specifically

Why are french posters such thin-skinned faggots?

I personally have some examples, and there are others that lots of people use but I don't.
>he Chinesed himself
He got stoned so much his eyes are like east asians.

Funny because here the equivalent of the Irish goodbye is called the English goodbye
I think they're associated with being thrifty. Here that would be Scots for some reason

Presente de grego/Greek gift = a shit gift that is going to give you a headache
Beijo grego/Greek kiss = type of oral sex, where someone puts their tongue or mouth on their partner's asshole
Falar grego/Speak Greek = when someone is saying something that is hard to comprehend
Ver-se grego/To become Greek (?) = lesser known, for when you have great difficulty to solve a problem

We love you greekbros

>"irish sunglasses" are black eyes
holy shit top kek

Attached: 1651872552973.jpg (680x850, 96.16K)

sex

"インド人を右に / The Indian to your right side."
It is believed that the drivers can avoid crash at a corner with certain Indian on the right side of their sight.

surprised you've never heard that as an american

A Dutch oven is when you keep farting under a blanket or duvet and it gets proper rotten

in anglo speak there is a more obscure greek reference that prostitutes use. they call anal "greek"

so they will say stuff like "100 extra for greek" or "i don't do greek so don't even ask" they actually are referring to anal

t. innocent knower

even idiots or gooks can do it
this means it's easy to do, disposable cameras were sometimes called "baka(idiots)chon(gooks)-camera"
Some people are criticized for inadvertently saying it because it is a very easy phrase to say

there's no that saying or it's used few

More for north america

French kiss means tongue kissing

Indian style sitting means cross legged

Indian sunburn was rubbing your friends arm so hard it turned red

Idk anymore and I really can't think of any in the other languages I know.

you can search it on google.

lol here the Irish and English goodbye is called “saída à francesa”, it means French exit.

Anladıysam Arab olayım.
I'll be an Arab if I understand : Emphasize the unintelligibility of something said.

İç şarabı, s.k Arabı.
Drink the wine, love (meaning f.ck) the Arab: Dont give a f… about the things.

Arab’ın elini öpmekle, dudak kirlenmez.
Just because you kissed the hands of an Arab, it doesn’t mean that your lips will be dark : If a person infect/touch something dirty and ugly, it doesnt mean that person will get dirty, too.

Arap saçına dönmek.
It became like the hair of an Arab: Something's messed up, it is so dishevelled.

Arapça mı konuşuyorum?
Am I speaking Arabic? : Why dont you understand me?

Arap yazısı gibi.
Its like Arabic writing: unreadable handwriting.

Ayıdan post, kürtten dost olmaz.
You cant make a hide from a bear and you cant make a friend from a Kurd.

Kıro gibi.
like a Kıro (a Kurdish word that means young boy): oik, lowbrow

Havraya dönmek.
Turning to a synagogue: It is used to describe crowded and noisy places.

Çıfıtçı çarşısı gibi.
Like Çıfıt(Jews) bazaar: It is used for places where everything can be found (in a negative meaning).

Ermeni dölü.
Descendant/sperm of an Armenian (or Greek): It is used to indicate that being an Armenian is a humiliating thing. When used for non-Armenian people, it implies 'traitor'.

Ermeni gelini gibi.
Like an Armenian bride: For women who always walk coquettishly (in a negative meaning)

Madem Ermeni, istemeden vermeli.
If he is an Armenian then he should give (it) before I want: It is an expression that implies that everything can be asked of the Armenians.

Şarabı dökülmüş Ermeni gibi susmak.
keeping silent like the Armenian who fall/broke his winebottle: staying silent

Gavur Yunan bile yapmazdı bunu.
Even infidel Greeks wouldn’t do what you did: even the worst people do not do it.

Fransız kalmak.
Staying like a French: it is used when a person doesnt understand the subject and starts to stare absently.

even idiots or gooks know it