Why don't they export their culture? I don't think I have ever seen a Chinese film or heard a Chinese song...

why don't they export their culture? I don't think I have ever seen a Chinese film or heard a Chinese song. I have however seen Hong Kong New Wave films like Wong Kar-wai's and heard Cantopop like Faye Wong.

Attached: Flag_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China.svg.png (2560x1707, 16.79K)

Wong Kar wai is from shanghai and Faye Wong from Beijing so you have.

Also highly recommended, as with all Zhang Yimou films

The only relevant Chinese culture is from Hong Kong, Taiwan or Larp Cau

Attached: Shadow (2018).jpg (620x885, 330.72K)

They got Genshin Impact and TikTok (even though ADHD zoomers dont realize its a Chinese app)

Bitch don't you know about gengching impact That's the pinnacle of Chinese culture

No trolling outside of Any Forums

Too busy taking over the world with businesses.

Their pop culture is objectively pretty bad. They fucked up big time by banning K-pop, they should have kept making Chinese K-pop idols more and more common

watch once upon a time in china 1 & 2

They do here
Can't go to a DVD shop without seeing their shitty wuxia and kungfu movies

disgusting

Billibilli has turned an entire generation of Chinamen into weebs from now on whatever they produce will be repackaged shit from Japan and Korea, no longer a cultural giant but a cultural cuck.

>China's two biggest cultural exports are mega fucking gay shit for faggots
It's over.

if they want to export it they have to rebrand it with some woke shit and CCP doesn't want that

>mega fucking gay shit for faggots
anime?

How am I trolling? Mainland media is so damn soulless it's almost unbelievable. 新冠病毒是共匪的錯。

We got that SUPER IDOL 的笑容都没你的甜

Attached: IDOL.png (337x193, 101.81K)

>Mainland media is so damn soulless it's almost unbelievable.
I would't say so. Browse bilibili and youku more. and watch zhang yimou. Tiwan hasn't made anything of remote interest since the 80s, It's all gay love triangle shit now. I still watch HK films and to me they count as Chinese.

As opposed to american "culture" ?

>why doesn't the prc export their culture
Hard to export something you deliberately destroyed

China (not prc, but China as a civilization) exported culture for most of the last five millennia, and only stopped when things went to shit after the opium war. Nowadays, you can't export what you don't have. They destroyed their classical culture, and their pop culture is cheap knockoffs of Korea and Japan

they are. its just garbage.

>They destroyed their classical culture
says who

also
每次都想装作 很倔强
但是见面自己却 缴械投降
因为爱你 我一如既往
再多压力都无法阻挡

Attached: 1609355576975.png (470x170, 68.95K)

By that logic French culture was destroyed in the French revolution
As expected from an Indonesian intellectual

is this an arguement?
>tf
Ah

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
YE HUA XIANG

>The alternatives are also mega fucking gay shit
It's really, really over.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was a Chinese co-production that was very successful internationally. But overall, the PRC seems to focus all their efforts on the domestic audience when it comes to their culture industries. Maybe it's partly a function of scale; when you have one billion consumers in your country, there's less incentive to look abroad (the same is true for Bollywood).

WKW grew up in Hong Kong, and Faye Wong moved there as an adult. They personally are from the Mainland, but their art isn't.

Taiwan's culture isn't very relevant internationally either; their movies and music were and are mostly for the Chinese-speaking audience.

Literally Kuomintang propaganda. There's plenty of traditional stuff in China. More importantly, there's no reason that Chinese stuff couldn't become popular internationally by copying Western stuff, the same way Kpop is basically just Western pop music sung by Asians.

And now it's stuck in my head. Go fuck yourself mate.

As one of the biggest consumer of anime and also the land of Hollywwod, it would just be better if you kept your mouth shut.