Why didn't they advance past using modified hieroglyphs?

Why didn't they advance past using modified hieroglyphs?

Attached: images (1) (1).jpg (605x500, 23.17K)

I'll take advancement in sanitation over that anytime

>Singapoore

at least they invented their own writing system

based

SOVL

The push for alphabetic writing usually comes from outside. This worked out in the West because there were several centers of power that could promote it, but in the East there was only really China

Are you retards trying to say Indian script isn't India? kek

Look up the Aramaic Script

>one dead script used in one part of the country invalidates the other that was used before it
India still has many scripts

are indians really this retarded

Are you fags really trying to pretend Indus Valley script came from outside? lmao

What a beautiful language honestly

indus valley ''script'' is not necessarily a writing system, we don't know
most of the ''inscriptions'' seem far too short to actually constitute a written language, and are probably closer to symbolic tags
and considering the extensive relations between the indus valley and mesopotamia, it's likely that, if it is a script, the idea for writing came from mesopotamia (where the steady but slow evolution of tags to pictograms to logograms etc. is documented)
besides indus valley civ is much more pakistani than indian lol

Brahmi is derived from IV script
Sanskrit was our language
Almost 200 of modern scripts used across South and South East Asia have descended from Brahmi, making it one of the world's most influential writing traditions.
>besides indus valley civ is much more pakistani than indian
Piss off Paki
Don't come to my thread agagin

Attached: cringe.png (1000x700, 113.68K)

Sure hope that no-one would abolish the use in their country, making the writing of yesteryear illegible. Would be a shame right 朝鮮?

I hope they don't abolish it
I'd rather go back to Sanskrit myself
Don't know why the other weebs are seething so hard itt

brahmi is probably derived from aramaic script, rajesh
your fringe ''hypothesis'' is literally only supported by obese indian nationalists
>Sanskrit was our language
okay? have i triggered some sort of schizophrenic tantrum or what?
>Almost 200 of modern scripts used across South and South East Asia have descended from Brahmi, making it one of the world's most influential writing traditions.
no one is disputing this, rajesh
india simply didn't invent writing independently, unlike china

Probably not full on abolition but things do seem to be going in that direction. China has already dumbed down alot of their characters and I expect more extensive use of Pinyin in the future

>brahmi is probably derived from aramaic script, rajesh
>your fringe ''hypothesis'' is literally only supported by obese indian nationalists

>The possibility of an indigenous origin such as a connection to the Indus script is supported by some Western and Indian scholars and writers. The theory that there are similarities to the Indus script was suggested by early European scholars such as the archaeologist John Marshall[78] and the Assyriologist Stephen Langdon.[79] G. R. Hunter in his book The Script of Harappa and Mohenjodaro and Its Connection with Other Scripts (1934) proposed a derivation of the Brahmi alphabets from the Indus script, the match being considerably higher than that of Aramaic in his estimation.[80] British archaeologist Raymond Allchin stated that there is a powerful argument against the idea that the Brahmi script has Semitic borrowing because the whole structure and conception is quite different. He at one time suggested that the origin may have been purely indigenous with the Indus script as its predecessor.

so you are a chink, arab, paki, jew, or retard? Or just butthurt?

Attached: pepe multi laugh.jpg (798x770, 195.18K)

Pinyin only can only happen if china gets balkanised. If it stays one characters will continue to be used. Nobody wants to learn a hick dialect to write official signs.

>cherrypicking in a wikipedia article that spends most of it's time saying that the semitic origin hypothesis is supported by most scholars
jesus christ, you're probably the same retard that insisisted that the spanish word for 'king' came from sanskrit in a previous thread

you drink poop water and breathe coal smoke. you have a sixth of the world population but never win olympic medals. you produce the most movies and television on earth but you can't export your culture further than thailand, nobody learns hindi and nobody goes on vacation to india

>Latin script jews

these are the paragraphs JUST below this excerpt, btw

Attached: brahmi.png (1689x695, 345.49K)

Mлъкни! Tи ядeш лaйнa, Paнчит.

>aramaic
>However, this hypothesis does not explain the mystery of why two very different scripts, Kharoṣṭhī and Brahmi, developed from the same Aramaic. A possible explanation might be that Ashoka created an imperial script for his edicts, but there is no evidence to support this conjecture.
>trust my jewish script goy
the western propaganda to saying everything Indian isn't Indian is lame
you fags go and yell how the number system is arabic when it isn't but try to deny Indian things kek
Even if it had anything to do with aramaic it doesn't matter.