Criterion Flash Sale

Criterion is doing doing a 24 hour flash sale that ends tomorrow. Picked up four DVDs (Woman On the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, Blue Velvet, L’avventura, and Equinnox). Anyone else taking advantage of the flash sale today?

Attached: FLFlauKaAAA6Ph7.jpg (680x680, 151.89K)

>dvds
lmao what year is it rofl

I want this one. Should I?

Attached: 9ED90567-5E47-41E6-85BA-9D89A8197B6E.jpg (1600x1988, 930.03K)

Never seen them before so I can't say if it's worth tracking down or not

Well, I did it OP, thanks to you. Pulled the trigger on the Godzilla box, so now I can ditch the entire shelf of DVDs I've got for them in favor of this huge book. At 50% off it was 30 bucks cheaper than the ordinary price on Amazon.
I loved these. Beginning of Time is a straight up kid's film though. Invention for Destruction was my favorite. I recommend just getting a sub to Criterion Channel instead. It's a hundred bucks for an entire year and all three of those flicks are on there along with their special features, not to mention at least half of the entire CC catalog. Access to around 2500 movies for what you'd pay for like three of their blurays was an obvious choice for me.

This is the first I've heard about getting charged sales tax by Criterion in Texas. Which is 100% the result of Texas but still. The last flash sale I did was October 2020 and I know that was after the new state law or whatever was passed but I still didn't get charged sales tax. So I guess it just took awhile to affect Criterion. It affected ebay instantly. I was gonna get House, If... , and Multiple Maniacs. But that $5 extra tax was a deal breaker. Oh well fun while it lasted. Hopefully Kino Lorber isn't next. Although that would actually be a lot more bearable. Even at 50% Criterion I'm at my absolute limit. Kino Lorber I've flipped many things immediately.

You can download these all for free

>Why have sex you can just jerk off for free

Grabbed Uncut Gems 4K

No, it's more like why pay for sex when you can have sex for free.

woo, baby

Attached: hardo.jpg (1024x728, 127.2K)

It's more like why not have a girlfriend who'll fuck me at home instead of having to drive around looking for hookers and hoping they don't have STDs or aren't cops. I barely ever buy physical media anymore, but using Criterion streaming saved me a lot of energy and got me watching a lot more movies, since I wanted to get the best out my money spent.

Criterions are expensive but they justify their value

how's Man Bites Dog?

I didn't like it but I imagine if you like Lars von Trier's really early stuff it might be up your alley.

>DVDs
Who the fuck still gets DVDs??

Gimmie the Zilla DVDs.

>who tf gets DVDs?
>gimme ur DVDs
The duality of man

Especially brand new from criterion. A lot of things are still only available on dvd like Man Bites Dog. Sweet Movie is possibly their most infamous dvd exclusive release. At least thats the one I'm most anticipating a bluray for. But yeah Woman On the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, Blue Velvet, L’avventura I would assume are all available on bluray.

Who was the person that decided Blu ray cases would be short? DVD cases are much nicer

I was joking but earlier today I did notice some of them were like $10. I have a Modern Times and The Killing ok DVD and they both look amazing. Same with that one Beastie Boys music video release.

if you dont have a >30" tv you dont need 4k. you literally wont be able to see the difference between 4k and regular hd.