Eddie Izzard Will Star In Trans DR. JEKYLL Film From Hammer Studios

>In the film, a modern interpretation of Robert Louis Stevenson’s iconic 1886 novella “The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde,”Eddie Izzard plays Dr. Nina Jekyll, a recluse who finds friendship with her newly hired help, Rob, played by emerging actor Scott Chambers (“Chicken”) and they must work together to prevent Hyde from destroying her life.

bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3706263/the-legendary-hammer-studios-relaunches-with-doctor-jekyll-movie-starring-eddie-izzard/

Attached: Unknown.jpg (850x600, 148.98K)

Isn't having the gender change cause evil behaviour HIGHLY problematic?

Call me a golobolomo shill or whatever, but this is actually an interesting spin on it, it's something new I guess.

Of course they can never really make a true adaptation of the novel, because the fact that Jeckyll and Hyde are the same person is actually the big twist near the end. But these days it's too well known so you could never really do that. I suppose you could argue Fight Club or something is an adaptation of that in spirit.

based Eddie

Hammer somewhat already did this in their previous adaption with Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde

Attached: MV5BMTQ2MDQ2Njk3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzU5MjkwMzE@._V1_.jpg (333x500, 36.72K)

IT'S NOT EDDIE ANYMORE

Attached: Joy Dunkaccino.png (828x627, 1.05M)

Eddie being a trans woman and potentially turning into a man would avoid that.

>this is actually an interesting spin on it
What exactly is the spin? Dr. Jekyll is female? Doesn't seem all that interesting.
It would be more interesting if it was a comedy, and considering a comedian has the starring role, maybe it is.

I mean in the sense that Hyde represented a part of Jekyll's psyche he kept repressed and utlimately wanted to either destroy or split off from himself. That's definitely an interesting analogy to trans experience wouldn't you say.

Remember when transvestites actually existed?

Izzard is based

Is there a reason “trans” became the word and not transvestite? I feel like I haven’t even heard the latter in a long time.

Not unless you're saying that trans people are inherently evil. Somehow I doubt Eddie Izzard would want to be in the movie if that was the case, or alternatively there was no thought put into it.

He's oldskool. His cameos in movies are always good.

Because they're not just men who enjoy looking/dressing like women anymore, apparently. Despite spending all that time trying to convince people they were. I'm not sure the word existed in media after The Drew Carey Show ended.

Transvestite specifically refers to crossdressers; it's distinct from transgender or transsexual. Eddie Izzard used to educate people on this by insisting that he is not a woman but a man who dresses like a woman. I don't know what he says now.

Eddie Izzard is full on trans now apparently. I liked all that shit so it kinda ruins the joke now

Eddie Izzard identifies as a lesbian man.... which sounds insulting and insensitive as fuck.

proof that it's a fetish taken to another level. as soon as he could get away with it socially he went full trooney tunes.

I used to think this guy was one of the cool gays.

and you say all women hit the wall

That's not what the "trans experience" is. That's how they market it, sure. But that's not what it is.

What about Russell Crowe?

That was in the past. These days she prefers to be called a transgender and to use female pronouns.

Until it suits him to be a man

Nobody cares you freak

Yeah nice comeback, bitchtits.

>uh-uh you must be... fat!
You will kill yourself eventually. Your entire life is a waste of resources

>a modern interpretation
dead