This is literally just Taxi Driver, except the guy is a clown and the movie more boring

This is literally just Taxi Driver, except the guy is a clown and the movie more boring.

Attached: Joker-Frontpage.jpg (4000x2667, 1.59M)

Yes and?

what is taxi driver

Yeah but every movie, especially the last ten years, are just ripoffs. But this was actually a good rip off where its questionable if its better than the original

yes

One of the inspirations for this film. Stars DeNiro, very good flick.
Joker is just Taxi Driver for millennials

joker but less boring and the guy drives a cab

you watch ten movies a year and they're all bad

yes but he has a funny laugh as well

I hope a Joker fan in middle school is getting physically bullied and being told to kill themselves right now

>doesn't drive a taxi
>no loli arc
>doesn't watch dirty movies
This is just like Taxi Driver, user!

Attached: 1646605655713.gif (430x242, 3.4M)

If you're going to compare it to a Scorsese film, it's probably closer to The King of Comedy from 1982. Instead of being the comedian, in the Joker they had DeNiro as the popular late night talk show host role.

When did he ever drive a taxi?

* and King of comedy

Normal words but a capeshit guy

>cannot see similarities in visual aesthetics
>completely ignoring the blatant copy/paste of the King of Comedy plot

You're not making yourself look like the smart person here, dipshit.

>I hope a Joker fan in middle school is getting physically bullied and being told to kill themselves right now

Attached: 1646568155055.jpg (528x501, 73.58K)

I used to watcb hundreds of movies a year but now I'm an adult and I have to work

Joker is not better than Taxi Driver. Maybe if it got rid of all comic book references and the pointless scene where he meets kid Bruce Wayne so the audience could cream their batman brand boxers it could be close.

The movie probably wouldn't have been made if it didn't have superhero references. The studio probably wouldn't take a chance on a character study about a mentally ill man because a lot of people will only see movies about comic book stuff.

>muh aesthetics
>muh KoC
kys

at least it ripped off a good film

He's both really.
KoC
>background (mother, comedian, show, fantasies, relationship with tvguy)
inb4 some faggot says it's not perfectly 1:1, it's heavily, heavily inspired.
Taxi Driver
>violent tendencies
But they differ a bit more TB commits random acts of violence, while looking for some justification, if you would stretch it a bit maybe a misguided sense of duty/justice while Joker mostly lashes out against people who wronged him (at least in his mind)
Albeit it's been a while since I saw TD so I might be a bit off.
For me it's KoC, but mostly because it reasonates with me the most.