"LORD OF THE RINGS 2 AND 3 WERE A MESS BEFORE RESHOOTS"

Mortensen has enough distance from the series to admit that the process of making it was more or less complete chaos.

“Anybody who says they knew it was going to be the success it was, I don’t think it’s really true,” “They didn’t have an inkling until they showed 20 minutes in Cannes, in May of 2001. They were in a lot of trouble, and Peter had spent a lot. Officially, he could say that he was finished in December 2000 – he’d shot all three films in the trilogy – but really the second and third ones were a mess. It was very sloppy – it just wasn’t done at all. It needed massive reshoots, which we did, year after year. But he would have never been given the extra money to do those if the first one hadn’t been a huge success. The second and third ones would have been straight to video.”

Mortensen thinks – rightly – that The Fellowship of the Ring turned out the best of the three, perhaps largely because it was shot in one go. “It was very confusing, we were going at such a pace, and they had so many units shooting, it was really insane. But it’s true that the first script was better organised,” he says. “Also, Peter was always a geek in terms of technology but, once he had the means to do it, and the evolution of the technology really took off, he never looked back. In the first movie, yes, there’s Rivendell, and Mordor, but there’s sort of an organic quality to it, actors acting with each other, and real landscapes; it’s grittier. The second movie already started ballooning, for my taste, and then by the third one, there were a lot of special effects. It was grandiose, and all that, but whatever was subtle, in the first movie, gradually got lost in the second and third. Now with The Hobbit, one and two, it’s like that to the power of 10.

Attached: 1626794996931.jpg (770x513, 98.01K)

Yes

Attached: The-lord-of-the-Rings-cast-reunite.jpg (1200x630, 162.79K)

Some people here are to young to get this reference and might take your post seriously. While I admire your wit I still have to tell you to kill yourself

>Also, Peter was always a geek in terms of technology but, once he had the means to do it, and the evolution of the technology really took off, he never looked back. In the first movie, yes, there’s Rivendell, and Mordor, but there’s sort of an organic quality to it, actors acting with each other, and real landscapes; it’s grittier. The second movie already started ballooning, for my taste, and then by the third one, there were a lot of special effects. It was grandiose, and all that, but whatever was subtle, in the first movie, gradually got lost in the second and third. Now with The Hobbit, one and two, it’s like that to the power of 10.
Based patrician Viggo calling out Hackson

Attached: 1622575912459.jpg (385x451, 79.79K)

IT'S OVER

star wars?

>“Is there anyone in this rout with authority to treat with me?“ he asked. “Or indeed with wit to understand me? Not thou at least!“ he mocked, turning to Aragorn with scorn. “It needs more to make a king than a piece of elvish glass, or a rabble such as this. Why, any brigand of the hills can show as good a following!“
>Aragorn said naught in answer, but he took the other’s eye and held it, and for a moment they strove thus; but soon, though Aragorn did not stir nor move hand to weapon, the other quailed and gave back as if menaced with a blow. “I am a herald and ambassador, and may not be assailed!“ he cried.
B R A V O
R
A
V
O

Attached: mouth of sauron.gif (500x204, 1.94M)

it was a mess after reshoots, too

Attached: images.jpg (236x236, 9.14K)

>Mortensen thinks – rightly – that The Fellowship of the Ring turned out the best of the three
yes

The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Star Wars…

All films for manchildren.

>literally shooting the messenger
bravo jackson

LOTR is Catholic fantasy

The movies have this to an extent but for some reason attracted a manbaby/legbeard audience. Unironically the sort of people who like Vikings

What’s a legbeard?

Thank god Lucas wife came and save it on the editing room

do retards on here not realise how obvious this was? look at aragorn infront of the black gate. he is visibly far more bloated and out of shape than he was in most other shots. there’s clearly a ton of reshooting going on

Think about it

It's okay, when the gates open his body and horse and gone. So it never really happened

What's an adult franchise?

based viggo

>he is visibly far more bloated and out of shape than he was in most other shots.
I actually did not notice

Christopher Tolkien disliked them and accused it of diluting the source material into action movies for teenage boys.

I love these movies so fucking much.
The last thing you see before you die.

Attached: Comfy.jpg (409x409, 102.19K)

I always thought the first film was best anyway.

It's definitely the best, but the people who act like the shield sliding and cgi elephants disqualify 2 and 3 from being good are fags