Love or hate this movie, it absolutely nailed the vibe of the 2000s

Love or hate this movie, it absolutely nailed the vibe of the 2000s.

Attached: images.jpg (960x1440, 251.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5tZlu4wP4pw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love this movie and I always assumed Any Forums hated it because going back to your old home town after being (on the surface) successful is a theme.

Great movie

I'll never forget it. it came out my junior year of HS, had sex with my first GF right after seeing it.

>had sex with my first GF right after seeing it.
yeah, right.

lol don't be mad cause no one wanted to fuck you in highschool.

500 Days of Summer did it better. You have to be a very particular of guy to identify with Braff in this, Tom in 500 Days played more of a relatable dipshit. It also pulled off dabbling in that "'vintage' as an deliberate aesthetic" that was popular in the mid 2000's, Garden State was drenched in "quirky" for the sake of it.

I never saw this or 500 days of summer. I thought they were gay at the time, now Im afraid to watch because time capsule struggles from the 00’s is too sad to watch. People had no idea how fast the bottom would drop out, and it’s still just beginning

Such a good movie. Soundtrack was excellent for it too.

>lol don't be mad cause no one wanted to fuck you in highschool.

Attached: DEF428D1-679B-47F6-B45B-75F149ACF26A.jpg (374x622, 30.38K)

Great movie, I loved that house party scene

Dad HATED this movie, and hated the characters. I don't actually remember much about it, I thought it was vaguely cool but I only saw it once and I was a little too young to form a good opinion. Dad's major complaint was that they were constantly shoplifting and stealing things, he basically saw them all as spoiled POS sociopaths.

I liked the song.
youtube.com/watch?v=5tZlu4wP4pw

Why would you see this movie with your dad?

yeah, The Shins are a good band

>Dad HATED this movie

do ya think it has to do with the gravedigger graverobbing the dead mom's jewelry?

Also don't show these types of movies to boomers. They're allowed to have 5 easy pieces but we can't have this.

>They're allowed to have 5 easy pieces but we can't have this.
more like the graduate

Hm, that rings a bell. That's also unironically a dick move, guess dad was right.

Lol, 500 days of summer is an even worse movie than garden state. The only thing it captures is what insufferable people guys in their early 20s like the main character are.

> movie has "state" or "american" in title
fuckin' dropped

way to not see the movie, typical Any Forums retard. I'm also guessing you're on psych meds because one of the other themes of the movie is telling your dad you're not the problem and you aren't taking your meds.

I wonder if this was one of those "scientology movies" of that era that told people to not take their meds.