80's time capsule

What show encompasses the 80's PERFECTLY for Any Forums (preferably MADE in the 80's, as opposed to normie shit like Stranger Things)?

Attached: Miami_Vice.svg.png (1280x560, 49.46K)

As a boomer I can tell you for middle america That 70’s Show is exactly what the 80s actually felt like.
The beginning of the decade was awful and pesimistic and all those boomtimes that supposedly came later just pass you by but things were pretty stable. If you were outside of a major city the world felt a lot smaller back then.

Makes sense I guess if we're talking about tone, however since that show was made in, ironically, the late 90's, I don't think it counts. But I'll put that on my watchlist.

What else?

>Three's Company
>Family Ties
>ALF

Early Roseanne too

God, I forgot about those shows...and ESPECIALLY Three's Company!

Three's Company is probably the most 80's show to ever exist. I only included Family Ties because Three's Company is so focused on young single people, while Family Ties really captures suburban American family life in the 80s (and is better than Growing Pains). And then I had to include Alf because Alf is such a perfect example of humor in the 80's, and played into a lot of 80's obsessions (family sitcoms, Star Wars, ET, etc.).

Makes sense.

Bump

>tfw you never will live in the 20th century
This century is so shit in comparison culture and history wise

FINALLY someone said it. Feels like nobody will just out and out admit it!

watch some 80s People's Court

One of the things I've noticed is how insects have disappeared. I'm a millennial oldfag so I played outside a lot. Rode bikes in the woods, caught fish in creeks (and threw them at cars...hit a cop car once and he chased us into a marsh), hung out in wetlands and caught turtles/frogs/insects...Anyway, I remember grasshoppers and gnats being everywhere and now I almost never see them. Frogs are gone too and I haven't seen a turtle nest in years. Things are dying and shit is fucked.

never really see bees anymore but wasps are everywhere, the fags

I see plenty of bees and they don't bother anyone...except the wasps, obviously. There's also a lot of ladybugs, slugs, spiders and the like. Where to you all live? I'm in Pennsylvania

Yeah. I actually can't remember the last time I saw one of those fat fuzzy bumblebees. I have a family friend who let bees take over a little shack on his property in the early 90s. I went to visit him a couple of years ago and it just so happened the hive was being raided by yellow jackets that day--there were dead bees everywhere. He told me that the hive recovered though.

Plenty of fat fuzzy bumblebees in my area in PA. Maybe it's a regional thing?

In the poconos theres bugs are frogs everywhere and my neighborhood is actually pretty developed

Magnum P.I.
Simon & Simon
The A-Team
Remington Steele
The Fall Guy
Dallas

Wondering if Knight Rider would also count...

I'm a leaf. Where I lived was a fairly isolated small city surrounded by farmland. I think it's the changes in pesticides and development that have gone on over the last 30 years. You'd see insects in the ""city"" area a lot but now you don't even see them much even 30 mins out into rural areas. There are also a lot more mosquitos.

Attached: downloadfile.jpg (474x266, 22.78K)

Forgot about that one. Although come to think of it, I'm not sure how much "80s" there really is in these kind of shows: hero shows up in small town, helps some small-town folks, leaves. Same with A-Team, Hulk and similar stuff.

First 2 seasons are perfection. S3 is still good. Then it drops a bit. Still love the show. Characters ,music, fashion its all great.

I just started season 2 and I know why boomers used to go crazy over it. 10/10 show that beats everything you have on TV now.