This is shit

No, it’s not “the best one yet” or “better than Begins!” you fucking tourist.

>Riddler knew nothing, which is what drove the tension of the entire movie. Instead, he’s a fucking “incel” with Any Forums followers (of course) who wants everyone to die because his orphanage was cold and had rats.

>Batman isn’t just “inexperienced” he’s downright retarded, even refusing to pull a parachute after jumping off a building.

>The supposed “pistol that killed his parents” that he uses as his bat-suit-symbol was a lie, it’s actually just a fucking batarang. (nitpick, but still stupid)

>The entire premise of the movie was that Batman’s ways are outdated, beating up, and striking fear into people won’t work, it won’t make a real difference, so instead he literally becomes a fucking UNICEF worker and practically starts handing out blankets as ‘Something In The Way’ plays for a second time, it was pretentious and cringe-worthy, even people in the theatre were laughing.

>Catwoman was annoying, so was the mayor, the political messaging was very heavy handed even for today’s standards, but we’re all familiar with these particular flaws so i’ll move on

>The actors sucked, seriously, besides Bruce and Alfred, who else was good? The villains didn’t feel threatening, (the only one that did turned out to know nothing at all) even Gordon didn’t sell the role for me whatsoever, seems like the actor was just there for a paycheck.

>The dialogue was clunky as hell

>The editing was weird as hell, did anyone else get that feeling of cuts, and changes, and possibly studio meddling? It just felt off, the flow didn’t feel natural at all. It wouldn’t surprise me if things were going on behind the scenes.

>No real stakes. The tension wasn’t there like with the Nolan movies.

(to be cont.)

Attached: 3F9828DC-3060-4891-AE19-246663794D42.jpg (1382x2031, 959.84K)

(cont….)

>No real blood or realistic violence other than a few scenes, maybe this is my fault for having these expectations, but from the marketing, I thought this movie was supposed to be a lot darker and realistic than what was given.

>No real message other than Batman is outdated and needs to change his ways, literally guys, that was it.

>The blatant ripoffs of other films like seven, fight club, girl with the dragon tattoo

>Barely any screen time alone with Batman, the fucking character we’re there to see felt like a side character and we barely got to know him.

>Pathetic final act, also what was with Riddlers escape plan? He ran away just so he could go to a diner and they could get a shot of a question mark in his coffee? If he wanted to be caught then why’d he run?

I could go on and on…

I actually had to watch Batman Begins after this just to get the taste out of my mouth and remind me of who Batman even is.

I was all for emo Batman, the gothic architecture, the rainy, crummy Gotham, the cinematography was great, so was the score, and so was Pattinson with what he was given, but this was such a let down, and the saddest part is that it had the potential to be the best one yet. They fucking blew it, this was a bait and switch. They lured us in with “vengeance” and darkness, but the movie itself was for 14 year olds who frequent hot topic and make fun of themselves for being white.

What a mess.

Probably the most disappointing film of the year.

Attached: 23F3E2A2-4A19-454B-9C64-1241A18045BA.jpg (680x375, 89.81K)

Kys Snyderfag

didn’t ask
didn’t read
don’t care

Actually Begins and Rises and SubZero are probably my favourites

Based, Batshitters dont realize how mediocre this capeshit really is. Give them a few months when the hype dies down and they'll begin to see the flaws.

I'm going to see it again tomorrow.

>Poster makes the Mason compas and ruler symbol

Cool beans and your full of shit op
THIS WAS A BATMAN FILM!
3hrs well fucking spent too.
All you Any Forums fags want is some bullshit they can meme about like Shazam or bane.

If it had meme you'd praise it like the sad spergs they are.
Batman has ALWAYS been my number one and this movie did EVERYTHING RIGHT!

>cold and distant
>detective work
>brutal beatdowns
>DAT FUCKING BATMOBILE
>ending of bat and cat playing tag on bikes before going their own ways
EAT SHIT TV!

The only thing wrong is that the film had some major inconsistencies
>Alfred and batman both caught in explosions but had no burn damage whatsoever
>batman can take a C4 explosive to the face but a shotgun and machine gun put him on his ass
>penguin for his shir flipped over and had no damage whatsoever, fycker should have been bloodied and limping with whiplash and shit

Also I like how its implied riddler may have been the son of the reporter Wayne had killed

I saw a little kideave the theatre about 30 minutes in. It was kind of sad. Adult man children take a kids hero because they wanted a serious childrens story

>batman can take a C4 explosive to the face but a shotgun and machine gun put him on his ass
You missed the part where he passes out from it

The editing, dialogue, cuts, no real violence... that was all to keep the pg-13 rating. It should have been R-rated like the Joker, I agree.
I think Gordon just played his own actor. I didn't care for Alfred. Better than Synder Alfred, but not Nolan Alfred.
The 3rd act was bad but the rest was fine. Definitely some kino moments.

hope this is a pasta. If you seriously typed all that shit, you need to get a life asap bro.

Reeves set out to make an R-rated movie but the studios said it had to be PG-13. Hence why there's references to cutting off fingers and strippers and face mutilation but you never see any of it because it's always off camera or blurred out.
The Riddler 'confession/interrogation' scene was stupid. They conveyed everything you needed to know about Riddler perfectly well in cinematic language during the arrest scene - you get all the information you need and it's sufficiently dramatic. Inserting an obnoxious "I'M ACTING" scene undermined a lot of the character's impact. Once you've established that he's just a dorky-looking mentally ill guy and didn't have any particularly compelling reason to do the things he did, the audience shouldn't have seen the character again - it helps maintain the impact and the mystery.
There's nothing in any of the Riddler's home videos that is cooler or more intimidating than that video in TDK where Joker is humiliating/torturing the fake Batman. I think the idea works in principle but none of it is done better than they did it 14 years ago. It ends up just being a lesser version of something we've all seen before.
The pacing of the whole movie is excruciatingly slow. If you're going to go for something with THAT much slow-burn then you'd better have an amazing script or a great mystery for the audience to reflect on - instead you just have painfully drawn-out delivery of standard blockbuster dialogue and the audience having to sit through every moment of characters walking down corridors incredibly slowly.
I still enjoyed it overall but there were a fuck-ton of problems with it.

Imagine writing all of this so no one would give a shit lol

>Alfred was an MI6 agent and yet was so stupid that he opened a suspicious package while a serial killer was targeting prominent Gothamites

>Batman's involvement is totally irrelevant to the plot, he stops no murders or crimes, Riddler accomplishes all of his goals regardless

>The big reveal is that the corrupt police and corrupt mobsters collaborated to do something corrupt

>AHHHHHH IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO GOOOO THIS WAAAYYYYYY

So you're retarded? Ok.

This. Utter fail OP.

Do you know where you are

It is the worst Batman movie ever made.

Riddler had a good motivation and him leading Any Forums incels is fine, if the Zodiac killer had the internet in his time he'd have done the same thing. It is pretty dumb how dumb they made him though, but I think that's been a Batman trope for a very long time. That Batman is smarter than the Riddler, because Batman is a flawless self-insert character made for young boys.

Well lately everyone here pretends like they are cool white guys. But I'm realizing it's probably just hindus larping

>Batman is smarter than the Riddler
Did we watch the same movie?

>Alfred was an MI6 agent and yet was so stupid that he opened a suspicious package while a serial killer was targeting prominent Gothamites
He's also old, not as sharp, and had no idea that Bruce would even be targeted

>Batman's involvement is totally irrelevant to the plot, he stops no murders or crimes, Riddler accomplishes all of his goals regardless
So did the Joker in DK, he won. Same thing is DKR if you figure that Batman is barely in the movie.

>The big reveal is that the corrupt police and corrupt mobsters collaborated to do something corrupt
Corrupt cops are a stable of the batman series, same thing happened in DK

>AHHHHHH IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO GOOOO THIS WAAAYYYYYY
He thought Batman was on the same page as him "I am Vengeance" and all that. If Riddler wasn't a killer, "crossing the line", then desu Batman would probably approve. He's also just a deranged autist who moaned and cried when he lost. It's reasonable, and also funny

you misread what he said user

Prominent corrupt Gothamites. IIRC he was just a regular soldier as opposed to some kind of super agent. If anything it was weirder that he didn't think to tell Bruce about his father's dealings with the mob when it became obvious that it was pertinent to the case.

Same deal with the Joker in TDK - he basically does everything he wanted to do except for his very last plan, and Batman just mitigates the damage whilst learning something about what he needs to be as Batman. It's a fine story.

They revealed who was running the corruption and stoped/killed most of them, as well as enabling massive public support for direct action to clean the system up (that will enable honest politicians/cops to get the public support they need to take charge).

I couldn't care less about this movie. What's the selling point besides being batman? It just looks low effort

>It just looks low effort
what's a high effort movie? Eternals and Shangi Chi? Kill yourself, mouse

Having a character solve verbal logic puzzles (which aren't contingent on external information) is really hard to film, because there'll be arguments about how dumb/smart the characters are based solely on how quickly the audience solves it themselves. Pretty much the only reliable way to do it is have Batman read out the riddles and then say the solution out loud in like 5 seconds.
Instead of just rhymes/cards they should have had the Riddler set elaborate traps like he does in the Arkham games (a portrayal of the Riddler that pretty much everyone agrees is good).

Yes. The Riddler isn't exceptionally smart in The Batman, he just has a lot of time on his hands and an autistic obsession. Batman is never really outsmarted by the Riddler he merely fails to account for every detail of months of planning in the short few days he's on the case.

Basically it doesn't hold a candle to nolan's stuff, but it's leagues better than snydershit. Just as I thought

This movie is worse than Batman Forever and Batman and Robin. It's hilariously bad.

Cope. You defend it with your (virtual) life just because it's NEW PRODUCT.

You simply know it's a shit movie when capeshitters can only defend it with buzzwords and muh rival company.
Capeshitter btfo

>Pretty much the only reliable way to do it is have Batman read out the riddles and then say the solution out loud in like 5 seconds.
Yeah I would agree this is kind of a meta problem. There are layers to it like a writer might want to write a very smart character, but not be smart enough themselves to fully capture and convey that. It would have been amazing if the Riddler had left a bunch of cryptic stuff in the movie that the writers never explained to the studio or actors leading The Batman to become a cult classic where fans endlessly argue and speculate, but we didn't get that. Instead what we got is some guy in a gimp suit who quotes rhymes from a farmer's almanac or whatever.

There was a lot of potential in the movie so its a shame how it turned out.