Daniel plainview isn’t a bad person. If you didn’t root for him the entire time, you simply didn’t understand the movie

Daniel plainview isn’t a bad person. If you didn’t root for him the entire time, you simply didn’t understand the movie.

Attached: F6397C7A-0442-456A-9F5D-7FEC61F3830A.jpg (605x415, 55.49K)

>you simply didn't understand the movie
>doesn't even attempt to explain it

midwit moment

>Daniel plainview isn’t a bad person
He kinda is.

Attached: daisyridley.jpg (360x450, 16.55K)

He was a bad guy, but he was surrounded by utterly unlikeable people. When he ripped people off, or made an ostentatious display of dominance over Eli or Abel, you couldn’t exactly blame or become upset with him.

He adopts a son as his own, and tries to start a business in accordance with local religious groups. Seems like a stand up guy. I only watched the first half hour of the film but a guy this good would have to do something pure evil to be a bad guy, so I don't think he is.

Films too noisy. I dont like it

i kek'd when he inflated the price he said he paid to paul.
just to rub a bit more salt in eli's eye

>too noisy
>no dialogue for the opening 20 minutes
nice try bucko

he was a good guy who was destroyed by his own greed and competitive mindset. he loved his adopted son. later on, when his son revealed his own ambitions, he claimed he never loved him. not because it was true, but because he became a competitive asshole. and the irony is that it hurt himself more than his son, because it further pushed him into being this sad inhuman thing.

he just wanted a milkshake

Attached: 51212A37-5ED5-4F5A-9716-88E81D849F8B.jpg (640x645, 52.19K)

i find it funny that so many people got filtered by the movie and assumed he was a bad man at face value.
And not an accurate portrayal of a man with the good and bad but ultimately good

Yeah the bastard in a basket scene always seemed like him trying to hurt HW now that he knew he was his competitor. You could see early in the movie he cared enough about his fellow worker to take his child and raise it. H.W. didn't even work well as a face until he met that farming family.

>H.W. didn't even work well as a face until he met that farming family.
He had "many wells" at that point. I imagine H.W as a family face helped in obtaining those considering he was still doing it.

The whole point of the movie is that industrial capitalism (Plainview) overtakes religion (Sunday) as the driving force in America. In fact, capitalism literally "kills" religion in this movie. It's just a social commentary. The characters don't matter because it was never supposed to be a story about individuals, it's just a faggy metaphor. I "get" it, but it makes the movie shit.

>character has any flaws at all
>redditors by the millions make analysis videos deconstructing the concept of “evil” and how this particular character exemplifies it
Walter White, Tony Soprano, Michael Corleone, Saul Goodman, and Daniel Plainview are not evil and if you disagree you’re a redditor

Michael of all those arguably the one that succumbs to evil though he is given something of a redemption arc.

Nope. Sunday was trying to extort him in the name of religion.

>dialogue is the only noise in a movie
You retarded or something?

wow what a novel take. When is your Quinceanera my little mexican flower?

Attached: SOYO.png (183x276, 15.52K)

This is your brain on leftism.

hes probably talking about the janky and industrial sounding score. string instruments are scary to retards

the point of the movie was Plainview was an hardworking man being swindled by a phoney preacher.
>capitalism.
Hard since Plainview wasn't a capitalist. He was a blue collar boss and businessman selling a crude unprocessed oil

>Daniel plainview isn’t a bad person. If you didn’t root for him the entire time, you simply didn’t understand the movie.

Attached: psycho.jpg (959x482, 40.34K)