I've never understood his acclaim

I've never understood his acclaim
Is he a decent actor, sure
A-list immortal Hollywood royalty tier, no

Attached: Denzel_Washington_2018.jpg (539x808, 125.87K)

Le calm turned very composed angry negro

He's the best black actor ever

kek this

Black Al Pacino

OP here, sorry, posted the wrong puc

Attached: vLzXx4z9ZHICe6K3tMq3VQbIB4j.jpg (600x900, 50.07K)

This is now a based black actor thread

Attached: fargo-bokeem-woodbine.jpg (1000x562, 360.97K)

name a better black actor. morgan freeman doesn't count.

Will Smith, despite his shit storm personal/family life, was in a lot of kino

Saying name a better black actor is akin to saying name a better female comedian

Training Day really was that good. I know its insane but it really was.

He tends to get by on natural charisma/gravitas. Christopher Lee was similar. And Charles Bronson. Guys like this could sort of phone in a performance and it'll be kino because of the natural gravitas.

Will Smith has zero talent. He just has a good agent.
Denzel's a legitimate thespian. Laurence Fishburne and Forest Whitaker might be the only other black guys that come close

Go back

My boy

Attached: R.26436f4720a5403d708d53f9565bd8e3.jpg (550x663, 182.02K)

Id say will smith IMO. Was entertaining until whatever that homeless movie is called. After that it was all down hill

women aren't funny but Kerryn Feehan and Kim Congdon make me laugh harder than most shitty open micers

He gives decent-to-good performances. He's well spoken in interviews. He's the first black to not try to bang a reporter or steal something that many hollywood people met back in the 70s when he got started. He was "one of the good ones" and he's held it up so far.

capeshit that was actually kino

Independence Day & that's it

White Men Can't Jump, Blade, Money Train, New Jack City, & Demolition Man & that's it

For comparison, Training Day, Man on Fire, Flight, Deja Vu, Book of Eli, Malcolm X, Remember The Titans, The Bone Collector, Philadelphia, Glory, The Pelican Brief, He Got Game, The Hurricane, Crimson Tide

"good black actor" isn't a misnomer the way "female comedian" is (in that women don't have to "be funny" as an alternative mating strategy). You don't have to be smart or even particularly good looking to be a good actor. These truths make it quite feasible for good black actors to exist.