Who is the best robot to ever appear on film and why is it R2-D2?

Who is the best robot to ever appear on film and why is it R2-D2?

Attached: R2D2.jpg (753x320, 40.32K)

Little shit.

Attached: 1451354439218.webm (1000x702, 2.98M)

>Who is the best robot to ever appear on film
You posted a picture of him (well part of him)

he has more personality than anakin

In fairness, a plank of wood has more personality than Anakin.

Its me, Bender

BB-8 of course

Attached: C9bBcRqXUAAUD6R.jpg (1200x675, 90.49K)

Weak imitation of the original.

Terminator

Attached: 05D7AEA4-9011-4C61-93BB-F1D6489F368C.jpg (537x392, 23.02K)

Today on Look Around You, we'll be looking at a robot which has the ability to look all around... but doesn't!

So here's a question for Any Forums. In The Terminator (1984), Kyle Reese describes the Terminator as a "cyborg." A cyborg is conventionally defined as:
>a fictional or hypothetical person whose physical abilities are extended beyond normal human limitations by mechanical elements built into the body.
The typical definition of cyborg would apply to Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, RoboCop, the Borg, and the Six Million Dollar Man. All of these characters began their existence as strictly biological beings who were then fitted with mechanical parts.

The Terminator began its existence as a robot and then has human tissue grafted over it. So is it really a cyborg?

where do his legs go
his head is just sticking out of a tube with no room for legs

Attached: 1646599144709.jpg (320x213, 21.2K)

Attached: VFkIX.png (529x358, 296.52K)

It's almost as if the robot is inserted mechanically into the vehicle from another direction.

I saw a clip of Boba Fett that had my nigga BD Wong.

Attached: BD-1_AG.png (600x910, 423.2K)

jesus george just admit you fucked up and cgi them in later

The funniest part is that the easy explanation is that R2 fits in sideways and then rotates his head 90 degrees to look towards the ship's nose.

The definitions of cyborg, robot and Android are murky. But to me cyborg is living and non living parts and the order in which they start doesn't matter. If the terminator losses all skin is no longer a cyborg, yep same as if we chopped off Luke's fake hand.

>A robot is a machine—especially one programmable by a computer—capable of carrying out a complex series of actions automatically.
>An android is a robot designed to mimic the appearance of a human or humanoid, typically the male of the species.
>A gynoid is an android specifically designed to mimic a female human or humanoid.

R2-D2 is a robot, but not an android.
C-3PO is a robot and an android.
Dot Matrix is a robot and gynoid.

Attached: dotmatrix.jpg (308x254, 20.46K)

I'm just saying given we only have robots today and no one calls a person with a fake leg a cyborg, the definitions might change.

Chopper is also pretty cool!

Attached: Jenny & Chopper.jpg (995x663, 358.12K)