Would the right wing reactionaries that post here be less triggered if we just had a genre called “woke remakes”?

Would the right wing reactionaries that post here be less triggered if we just had a genre called “woke remakes”?
That way if some movie or tv show they don’t like comes out, instead of spazzing out and throwing a tantrum, they can just treat it like any other genre of movies they don’t care for, and just ignore it and go about their day

Attached: BF281418-1F90-4A4A-B04B-20F15C627964.jpg (569x428, 24.55K)

sneed

Call them kiked remakes and I'll allow it.

They could try writing something original. Wouldn't that be a sight.

They don't have coherent views. If Alien came out today they would hate it because it has a female protagonist and a trans character. If DS9 came out today they would hate it because it has a black captain. But they don't care about these things because they are old and therefore good. They are not even real naizs, but contrarians.

>If X came out today....
even more cringe than food analogies

Dishonest post.

Is it? Zoomers now don't hate the shows that were thought of as pure evil lefty trash in the 90s. They see it as traditional and "based." It's all empty, empty and proud of it.

What if, and hear me out on this, people just stop lazily milking old successes in a desperate attempt to shove identity poltics down a disinterested public's throat? Sounds crazy, I know, but try thinking about it

Attached: 1638520181163.jpg (1024x711, 135.01K)

Maybe because they were less obnoxious about it in the 90s. Also, with something like Star Trek, a progressive futurist sci-fi show was actually an interesting, novel idea in the 20th century. Now that this shit is the status quo, it's boring and trite.

Nah, pretty accurate. It's all about how outraged you can get now, logic be damned.

The point I am making is that people complained about it at the time. On usenet people talked about DS9 like it was plot by the far left and Jews to take over the world and destroy traditional western values. The response was beyond hysterical. Now on Any Forums it's praised. There is a total disconnect between the content of a show and the reaction. What matters is new vs old. Everything else is obfuscation. Even the LOTR movies were seen as subversive and anti-Tolkien, with woke additions like Arwen's expanded role. Now they are praised endlessly. The content doesn't matter, its just old vs new.

It's obvious that Hollywood movies and shows aren't as good as they used to be. You don't need to be a white nationalist to see that

doing god's work

Attached: 1638707300620.jpg (596x747, 82.82K)

I would prefer no remakes or reboots.

i would find it really funny if everyone in hollywood died in Minecraft

Attached: 1645917918833.png (300x300, 22.53K)

It's true, Any Forums would hate HBO Max or Amazon if they announced a new buddy cop movie where one of the detectives is black and the other is asian.

That's because it would suck. The funny thing is, when the product is actually GOOD, people don't mind that shit as much.

>when the product is actually GOOD, people don't mind that shit as much
People don't watch the end product, they declare it sucks and shitpost about it endlessly to tell other people to hate it too.

90% of right wing spam on Any Forums has reduced since this Ukraine war started
Almost as if Russia was up to no good spreading nonsense on the internet, eh?

Attached: fetchimage.jpg (640x640, 111.53K)

What are you talking about? The MAIN time the reactionary right gets up in arms about this stuff is well before they've ever had a chance to see it at all. All the complaining about there being a black storm trooper in The Force Awakens was done months before the movie came out. The same thing that's going on right now with Lightyear and the new Lord of the Rings tv show that doesn't even air until September. Complaining about media before they've seen it is the right wing's bread and butter.

Some actually do watch it. for example I saw Booksmart in theaters despite it looking like Superbad for feminists. I liked it, it was funny and well-directed and had a neat soundtrack. The woke shit was played for laughs.

Thats only because before it comes out is the only time people will bring it up or defend it. Once its out the left will quietly admit to themselves its shit for all the reasons the right said it would be and try to sweep it under the rug.

When you have the head of Amazon Studios openly declaring she's going to make everything more diverse and feminist, that's her agenda, you can't just blame it on right wing reactionaries. More importantly, when most Amazon shows are utter trash, I don't need to be Nostradamus to predict the latest one will also be trash.

The difference between then and now is this, a lot of shows now market themselves on diversity and consider it a plus but ultimately the stuff is usually bad. When films are diverse but don't market themselves as diverse, usually they aren't as bad.

>If DS9 came out today they would hate it because it has a black captain.
They made Star Trek Discovery (STD) with a black female protagonist and wouldn't shut up about it. Then they had a bunch of frustrating characters, like ginger fat woman screaming swear words and "That's the power of math" lines.

The problem with diversity is it is used for brownie points and not done for quality reasons. A lot of the creative types are bad, absolutely awful at writing and can't write characters or stories. They think having a Twitter narrative is the same as storytelling, when it isn't.

As if anyone would write anything original.

>they don’t care for, and just ignore it and go about their day
If people actually practiced what they preached then yes, things would be different and shit would take a hit. But in the streaming era especially far too many people just sub to things and keep paying regardless.