>Batman feels more like Batman than he did in the Nolan movies
>Looks and sounds gorgeous
>Gotham city has personality
The bad:
>Putting video game action scenes in a "grounded and realistic" noir story
>Not a single memorable line of dialouge
>Political subtext in capeshit
>Paul Dano goes full Paul Giamatti in Amazing Spiderman 2
>Matt Reeves and Sally Field's son have very low IQs; Riddler was the wrong villain for them because he requires someone like Nolan to write for him
>Third act has no true climax like superhero movies do.

People who say this is the best batman movie needs to calm the fuck down. People who say this is shit need to calm the fuck down.

7/10.

Attached: BM.jpg (1706x2560, 432.13K)

Its not a superhero movie, climax was good, Batman became a beacon of hope

>Its not a superhero movie
I'm fucking tired of this shit. It's a fucking guy that dresses up in a stupid costume to fight bad guys. How the fuck isn't a superhero movie? Why are capefans so embarrassed of their own genre?

Attached: 1646513847967.png (500x500, 151.61K)

It is a superhero movie in all its cliches. Just because the director is trying to emulate David Fincher really hard that doesn't mean the movie isn't generic capeflick trash.

You remind me of people that unironically used to say that Winter Soldier was a 70's political thriller.

Only spics continue to save and use reaction images

It’s DCFags trying to pretend they’re not in the same boat as marvel cucks.

This movie made me fall asleep in the third act. It is missing any kind of character growth or development for cheap action scenes and fan service hsndjobs.

Attached: 1582230105995.jpg (618x597, 144.1K)

But the climax is the climax OF a superhero movie. 2/3rds of the film is a crime thriller and on the last act it decides it was a superhero story all along.
Don't get me wrong that's a fuckin kino subversion, but Reeves just doesn't have a strong enough script to make it work desu, the arc is all there, it's just weak and shoddy and messy desu

It wasn't your standard capeshit. No quips, no "well, that just happened!" There was an element to realism to the whole affair that kinda set it apart from your regular capeshit. It's like saying Kick-Ass is a superhero movie. Kinda, I guess, but it's more a study on the inherent failings of vigilante justice.

>It wasn't your standard capeshit. No quips, no "well, that just happened!" There was an element to realism to the whole affair that kinda set it apart from your regular capeshit.
So it was a superhero movie, just not a Marvel one?
that's not saying much

>It's like saying Kick-Ass is a superhero movie. Kinda, I guess

Attached: 1591732260774.png (1012x1206, 1.45M)

>It's like saying Kick-Ass is a superhero movie.
It was. The only "superhero" movie that comes close to being real is Super with Rainn Wilson, Joker, and Defendor with Woody Harrelson

The Batman and Elden Ring

the end of fun in their respective mediums, God help us fun lovers

>It's like saying Kick-Ass is a superhero movie. Kinda, I guess,
bro it's literally a pastiche of the genre. I respect different takes but no idea how you can watch Kick-Ass and not see it as a superhero story, that's wild to me. It might be subversive but that doesn't make it not a superhero story.

>image board

Attached: 66B43040-BD46-4D84-9405-65613593E22E.jpg (721x677, 52.96K)

>It's a fucking guy that dresses up in a stupid costume to fight bad guys

Attached: a-rear-view-of-a-soldier-patrolling-with-a-gun-in-his-hands--new-york--usa--aur2324200405-5c45f53c46e0fb000150ad44.jpg (4133x3100, 1.1M)

You will never be a woman.

that's camouflage

In this movie batman actually uses his costume as camouflage as well by sticking to the shadows

I was enjoying this debate until you disrespected the flag right here, now we got a problem

>Political subtext in capeshit
Found the Marvelfag.

Attached: The-Comedian-watchmen-film.jpg (1200x803, 96.55K)

>>Not a single memorable line of dialouge
AAAAAAAAAVE MARIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Honestly had no idea Colin was the penguin. Great action and makeup in this movie.

Point is, it's a single vigilante trying to take on multiple assailants. He'd have SOME kind of equipment/gear and likely a costume.
So it's really not that unrealistic.

I saw it just then. I found it visually gorgeous - a feast for the eyes.
I found the car chase scene absolutely riveting - gritty and epic - I felt like I hadn’t seen anything like that before. Sort of disappointing that it was spoiled in the ads but it didn’t disappoint.

I really enjoyed the Riddler until the end - he seemed to drop his genius and autistically screeches like a child. I wish he maintained his composure in satisfaction that his life was spent for his cause.

Kick-Ass is capeshit, Kick-Ass is a wacky superhero. Vigilantism is rarely, briefly explored in superhero movies. Prisoners is probably the only major movie that took that subject seriously in the last 20 years.

The Third Amendment needs to be rewritten, a standing army is anti-American.

>requires someone like Nolan to write for him
HAHA

If Batman was realistic he wouldn't be Batman.

Superhero is to hero as supermodel is to model, not as Superman is to man. Superhero doesn't necessarily mean supernatural powers. It means superlative and extraordinary. Even Superman however was based on and inspired by the Ubermensch, the German ideal man of the future created through eugenics and social conditioning. Superman's Hebrew creators ironically used the Ubermensch as vicarious fantasy to physically confront white males and romance white women.

> Superman's Hebrew creators ironically used the Ubermensch as vicarious fantasy
So exactly like the OG proponents of the Ubermensch idea

Attached: 1640483003560.jpg (503x798, 98.87K)

The only fan service I can think of is Falcone acknowledging that Thomas Wayne performed surgery on him, like in the comic.
Other than that, it was pretty much it's own take on everything.

>two people survive Riddler's bombs at point blank range
>somehow manage to rig enough explosives to knock out an entire sea wall in a single night

???