Batman has a huge range of villains

Batman has a huge range of villains
Why does Warners insist on just cycling through the same 4-5 again and again?

Attached: il_fullxfull.2238162578_or3o.jpg (1920x3000, 1.6M)

Because only ten or so of the villains are the actually popular ones that normal people want to see.

Because dropping audiences into an 10 year+ established Batman universe with villains and Robin(s) would simply would be too interesting and make too much sense for a project for Warner. It always has to be MUH REALISM despite the fact that Batman is the most entertaining when the line between campy and this edgy cringe MUH REALISM shit has a perfect balance.

>nobody wants to see a gothic horror Batman with a Manbat villain
a perfect title even exists for it: Shadow of the Bat

Attached: 198461-142368-man-bat.jpg (400x607, 119.26K)

Why does DC cycle thru the same 3-5 heroes?

I'm a DChad, but even I admit we lost to Marvel fair and square. They beat our ass for almost 15 years now. Marvel fans are better than DC fans. There, I said it.

Marvel is always moving forward. DC? Only backwards and sideways.

>the Ventriloquist
Imagine the kino

Oh yeah, because everyone wants to watch a film where Batman goes against

DC doesn't make these films
Warners does
And you are right Warners has been overly cautious emphasizing just Batman and Superman in film and ignoring the rest of their properties

Superman has the same problem
Singer film: Luthor
Snyder film: Zod
BvS: Luthor
really reiterates this point that Warners are too cautious about doing anything unfamiliar

late 80s/early 90s Batman when that character was created was really great for straddling the border between ghoulish and ridiculous

Attached: Martin tell me more.jpg (506x374, 33.68K)

Egghead
Weird that it cut out the last word

Deathstroke could be pretty kino in Matt Reeves universe if they didn't decide to make Batman fucking bulletproof. Seriously, that movie could've been so kino but the third act where he just eats a fucking BUCKSHOT to the chest just completely ruined it for me.

Now I can't look forward to a proper Deathstroke arch because what's the point? Batman is bulletproof now.

Attached: 1644978517579.png (782x432, 295.82K)

some villains could be the mooks of others
like I dont see Firefly being an antagonist
but he could work for the antagonist

O'Neil/Adams really was the best Batman team
I know Miller (rightfully) gets a lot of credit for reinventing the character, but those two basically built modern Batman
Ra'as Al Ghoul and Talia, Joker as a sinister murderer who is Batman's greatest enemy, the yellow circle symbol...

Superman also really does not have the rogue's gallery that Batman does. Aside from Zod, Luthor, and Brainiac who exactly does he have?

I don't understand how these jew studios keep fucking up batman
Unironically if they put me in charge I will completely fulfill its potential
How can something with so much material, established fanbase, brand material, and money become terrible garbage over and over and over? Is this what they intend?

DC turned fucking Robin and Superman's son into full blown queers (and Peacemaker, but he isn't the "son" of DC's tentpole characters).

You get what I'm saying here boy? Marvel don't do that. Boy!

Attached: ezgif-3-b6b8e658698d.gif (600x600, 3.79M)

clayface, killer croc and ventriloquist

Attached: Ventriloquist_Scarface_Infobox.jpg (264x377, 47.36K)

Cause execs no nothing about Batman outside the Adam West Batman series and the villains that stole the show there are the ones that constantly get reused

those guys were 70s
late 80s/early 90s was John Wagner, Alan Grant, Chuck Dixon, Norm Breyfogle, Jim Aparo, etc
The English authors Wagner and Grant were really able to tease out the over the top yet still gothic stories and characters thanks to their experience on 2000AD
While Dixon did a lot of solid crime stories
>but those two basically built modern Batman
Newfag, read Frank Robbins
He was brought in when all the old timers including long time writer Gardner Fox were fired for trying to form a union and was the first to start trying to modernize Batman
>Joker as a sinister murderer
That is from Steve Englehart stories, like I said: newfag

Wish all this shit was public domain so actually competent people can make batman media

Zod was created for the 1970s movie
Howsabout a fucking Metallo for a villain?

Who's the egypt guy?

Could also be an actual detective batman film, if done correctly.

No one cares nerds. For the love of Allah touch grass

I am already one with Allah. This gives me insight on batman analysis

Attached: 1646281284494.jpg (249x249, 26.15K)

I think it is pretty obvious: Warners executives do not understand or like the properties they own
They dont want to work with them, they want to do other kinds of films
But market forces compel them to do superhero movies in order to be profitable and keep their jobs
So what do you do when you have to do something you dont like? You either do a lousy job or you try to insert things you do find interesting.