/film/

Thread for the discussion of arthouse and classic cinema.

Yesterday we didn't even have a thread... You guys are letting this general die...

Previous:

Attached: banner-article-les-demoiselles-de-rochefort.png (1170x585, 357.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0264139/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/164616721/#164616721
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anyone know where I can watch/download Bela Tarr's The Last Boat?
imdb.com/title/tt0264139/

I know. But I'll only share it if you share with me pic related. It's on Mubi, but no torrent avaialable yet.

Attached: MV5BNjRmYTAyZWItMmQ1NS00MmJlLWEwODgtMzc5NzkwMjJmYWNiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjgxODk1MTM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1481, 167.28K)

Attached: LOL.png (974x163, 17.61K)

Is this good? It feels kind of exploitative that it has black people in it. Like they are saying 'look how shocking it is. A black person!! with a white one.' and the audience go OMG, and the critics go, how brave.

Attached: 96DF1CE6-CE01-4BC7-9B39-6D4386CC729F.jpg (1288x1600, 382.72K)

Attached: jeen-yuhs.A.Kanye.Trilogy.S01E03.act.iii.AWAKENING.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.x264-TEPES-[1.15.29.275-1.15.35.781].webm (1920x1080, 2.64M)

>but no torrent avaialable yet
dumbass

These are the "people" determined to ruin your favourite films forever.

Attached: DiP3otQUYAA391s.jpg (4096x2730, 1.03M)

>Only the gooniest goons for the NWO

>archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/164616721/#164616721
>Your thoughts on Kiyoshi Kurosawa's Cure
>Was Fumie dead the whole time? Is Mamiya an encyclopedia of Freudian-Lacanian nightmares about children? Are Takabe and Sakuma the same person? Does Fumie reveal the plot at the beginning in that Bluebeard is Mamiya and "marries" Takabe, Demonic/Archonic possession, who then kills him? Her claim that she already knows this ending being the hint at Sophianic anamnesis and such? Is the dreadful cut separating the raw meat and the bus in the clouds vulgar symbolism of him murdering his wife or, quite the contrary, his realization of the contiguity of murder and family, revealing the previous scene wherein her death and life appear just as contiguous as her never having been alive to being with prior to the latter scene? The second and last scene of the bus as the means whereby Takabe reaches Mamiya revealing it to be Bluebeard's forbidden room, where he finds Fumie and saves her? "You're amazing".
>pic related

Attached: 1635177484259.jpg (224x224, 5.97K)

those are really the ones putting out these criterion collection releases? tell them to lay off the weird digital color crap. no way that kurosawa wanted dreams to look like some shitty netflix film.

You had to be there. Race relations pre-George Floyd were a lot less faggy. Blacks weren't memed to death.

>only 165 posts last thread
/film/bros... this isn't good...
plan b... discord

Does using vlc to convert a film from 265 to 264 affect the quality a lot?
Does converting the audio from eac3 to ac3 affect the image at all?
Thanks

watched my first bresson yesterday

I think I was too tired to really appreciate it, and I had trouble following what was going on even though there wasn't much going on. like why does the "evil" girl show up every day at church? only to try and get the priest to help her get rid of the countess?

Attached: mpv-shot0092.jpg (986x720, 58.42K)

Finally, a /film/ I can relate to. I love Bresson. Fifth Element is pure kino

Sorry /film/ I've been too busy with Elden Ring. Only watched both Hairspray movies this week. The remake is really atrocious.

Attached: hairspray-5.jpg (1920x1080, 346.97K)

>why does the "evil" girl show up every day at church
women

>Richard Burton allegedly drank so much alcohol during the making of this film that many of his scenes had to be shot with him seated or lying down, due to his inability to stand. In some scenes, he appears to slur his words or speak incoherently.[13] Burton later said that he could not remember making the film.

>Lee Marvin was also a heavy drinker at this time, to the point where Burton claimed in an 1977 interview that when the two men ran into each other at a party years later neither could remember working together.

Attached: Burton_Taylor_1973.jpg (800x602, 120.07K)

i am just surprised that mike leigh, in his quest for absolute realism, didnt just get brenda blethin to get pregnant via a black man in the late sixties as preparation for this film.

mike leigh is an irritating tw*t. why does he want to make movies so true to the 'awfulness of life', we seem to have lost the point of making movies as entertainment, the point of them, essentially, is for means of escapism, so we can forget about the 'awfulness' of life, not dive deeper and deeper into it. or is it that people like to watch films about people worse of than themselves, afterall, noone wants to live like these characters do they?

there is little one could say to make me think otherwise about this movie, wacthing it for my film studies exam took more effort than my physics exam, it is just melodramatic crap, like all his other films.

interesting, however, that a much higher portion of movie goers in europe like his work and see it as 'art', whereas a higher portion of british, like myself, see it as a pile of steaming turd.

his movies should truthfully be plays, it fits the mould far more substantially, hes not a captivating movie maker.

You cannot deny this is one of the best scenes ever in cinema. five minutes without a cut, and you cant take your eyes off it

Attached: 936F9D40-A2A0-4774-94D2-886104C26AD2.jpg (2681x1459, 1.02M)

>You guys are letting this general die...
Good.
Torrented it like a month ago