Is cyberpunk unironically over...

Is cyberpunk unironically over? I feel like Altered Carbon no not that awful S2 was the last truly *cyberpunk* piece of media to come out in recent years. With how Cyberpunk 2077 seems to have damaged the rep of the genre, it seems like no one's really interested or talking about it much anymore. Will we ever see a resurgence or something? It's one of the truly /comfy/ settings that I love to get lost in.

Attached: 3373.jpg (3373x2024, 755.45K)

>Is cyberpunk unironically over?

I hope so. Homophobic CDPR killed the genre with their garbage game.

Attached: Sips Jackie's cum.png (345x437, 264.29K)

Real world is cyberpunk without cool aesthetics
>Corporations own everything
>Asian country dominates the world
>America and Europe in decline
>Political and religious extremism

but i want my cybernetic arms and legs, user

Wait 15 more years bro

>religious extremism
Only if you mean the state religion of söy by that

Normies latched onto it and ruined it. Dont expect a faithful/passionate cyberpunk setting for several years if even

I'm sure more video games will come out, film not so much. Can't say I care that much either way, I'm over it, we got our fill plenty in the last decade.

It was over when BR 2049, Ghost in the Shell and Battle Angel all bombed in a row. Hollywood won’t try again for at least another decade if that.

On the other hand we got more than our fill of capeshit but they aren't stopping

Cyber-noir > cyberpunk

This
OP is probably better off watching stuff like pic related or Dragged across concrete to get his kino fix

Attached: 1646177004622.jpg (2024x3000, 2.94M)

Don't worry user, if you didn't take the vaccine then you'll most likely live to see it happen in your lifetime.

Absolutely based. Although, I don't really know of any movies in that specific sub-genre. Would love to actually see a modern one tho.

Pic related. Guy Noir, Private Eye but in the dystopia future.

Attached: 8033-dystopia-cyberpunk_00353178.jpg (1680x1050, 999.06K)

how much media can there be about hyper capitalism and corpo dystopia? Why else would something be set in a cyberpunk world?

If you're going to say "because it's cool" please watch 100 films made before 1950

season 1 was dogshit

>Although, I don't really know of any movies in that specific sub-genre.
Bladerunner is the big one. The Thirteenth Floor is kind of tech noir, also very good. There's Godard's Alphaville, which is the only movie by him that I liked. And one of the shorts from Animatrix, "A Detective Story."

>Guy Noir, Private Eye but in the dystopia future
Sounds pretty dope, does anyone have any good examples?

Most of the people who make shows these days are unironically too stupid to write cyberpunk for film or streaming.

Just look at Altered Carbon, it was cool until they jumped the shark near the end of season 1, and the show could never recover so nobody even bothered with season 2. They will fuck it up, time and again, unless you put in the rare few who know what the fuck they're doing and actually want to do something more thoughtful.

This.

This.

Don't forget state-funded propaganda, forever-conflicts and social credit scores