What is religion like in Russia and Ukraine? Do people actually care?

What is religion like in Russia and Ukraine? Do people actually care?

Attached: image.jpg (620x349, 60.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/religion-and-war-in-ukraine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>2022
>man on stick worship

This isn't the early 20th century anymore boomer.

t. 84.7%

Attached: ca1fd566810f3bcf.jpg (843x843, 84.58K)

probably just like every part of the world where they dont attend church weekly but still celebrate christmass and easter(pascha)

north sea=reddit sea

They mostly ask are you Christian and everyone answers yes from a cultural standpoint not from true belief unless they asked grannies who actually believe that crap.

>the disparity between czechs and their neighbors

Yes, Russia is the protector of orthodox christians around the world
Russian patriarchate is the legal church of the Christians in Ukraine
Ecumenical patriarch has no authority to grant them a separate church

The Russian Orthodox Church was always an extension of the state. Right now their Patriarch is a millionaire "ex-"KGB agent.

Notice the interesting correlation between being a very religious country and being a shithole

mediterranean = dumbshit sea

czechs are truely based

jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/religion-and-war-in-ukraine/

most people consider themselves christian here although they're not particularly fervorous. the church is largely split in three: orthodox church of Ukraine, ukrainian orthodox church(moscow patriarchate) and the Greek-Catholic church of Ukraine. in towns most people are like this but in villages there's really religious communities that go to church every week and have day-long processions on every major Christian celebration. I'm personally somewhat of a passive Christian. I go to church like 8-10 times a year and when I feel like it. I am a Greek-Catholic

Made up 19th century cult with no apostolic succession

True, only 4% of orthodox believers attend church regularly here.

Once again capitalism did what communism couldn't accomplish.
Killing the Russian faith.

kill yourself, you cultist shill
Kyiv had authority over Ukraine and Russia since the Christianisation of the Rus'. Transferring of the seat of the Rus' patriarch to Moscow was illegal. Moscow Patriarchate should be excommunicated from the Orthodox church

>basing your views on a fictional book to make up your mind about the current geopolitical events

Not reading that dogshit.

Not an argument + you didn't even read

Truth can never be killed

Pray to your sky daddy for self-awareness next time.

>Kyiv
Didn't read

More care about it than in Western Europe but not by much

>devoutugal

It is an argument.

>I am a Greek-Catholic

My brother...

>hmm I wonder wich countriesare protestan..

Based, there's things our autismoland can learn from the Italians but being religious isn't one of them

reddit

Is there any tension between Orthodoxes and Catholics? 'cause Catholicism is more prevalent in Western Ukraine, which is also the cradle of the Ukrainian nationalism.

>Notice the interesting correlation between being a very religious country and being a shithole
Is there? I'd much rather live in a sovlful country like Italy than a depressing hellhole like Finland or Sweden.

why Spain so low I thought we were brothers :(

bam margera

Apostolic succession is a meme, Christianity is not a monarchy, you don't need to have a straight line of bishops going back to Jesus (PBUH) and the apostles
>Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

no, not really. there was a lot of those back in PLC times but since around WWI they get along very well. most of the tension is about the Ukrainian Orthodox and Russian Orthodox division

Attached: DA02B820-90B0-4273-AAB7-E6FE8D76349C.jpg (320x312, 18.46K)

would you justify jehowa's witnesses with this argument though? they're a bunch of crazies no matter how you spin it