Who is the best actor named “Martin”?

Hi.
My name is Martin.
It’s not the most common name in the world, but not so uncommon that it sounds strange when you hear it. Most people assume my name is Mark if I’m introducing myself unless I really make an effort to enunciate and pronounce the T and the second syllable.

I was wondering who Any Forums considers to be the best actor with what I think is a somewhat unfortunate and unremarkable name that I also happen to have.

Attached: 6AE4452B-89C6-4F59-9D61-716AABE950F1.jpg (1185x899, 259.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_qqvdOwoN-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hey Martin
Have you ever had a girlfriend?
What would you say was the best year of your life?

I will say Martin Sheen because I liked Apocalypse Now.

Attached: 20210708_023706.jpg (1242x1541, 147.37K)

picture of martin sheen

Attached: Apocalypse-Now-1979-Movie.jpg (989x1161, 401.73K)

Robert Downey Jr's father, Martin Downey Jr

Looks like a gay couple.

There are boards for socializing, this is not one of them. This is a thread about actors named Martin and determining which is best.

Ramón Antonio Gerardo Estévez became Martin Sheen by choice. I guess he wanted the slight Irish association perhaps.

There is only one Martin who got a Any Forums deal based on his Martinness, so it shouldn't even be a question.

test
youtube.com/watch?v=_qqvdOwoN-Y

>I guess he wanted the slight Irish association perhaps.
The Sheen part I get, because it sounds Irish, and he’s a big Catholic, but Martin is a French name. Big question mark on the decision there.

We do not speak his name here. We can talk about Rowan and Martin, we can talk about Steve Martin, we can talk about anybody involved in acting named Martin you’d like, just DO NOT BRING UP THAT MAN.

He’s been the bane of my existence and anyone else unfortunate enough to have that name that was born during a certain time period.

> but Martin is a French name. Big question mark on the decision there.
kek, martin is roman, and is quite popular name among catholics

I’m not trying to be a jerk, but I’ve had this name for a while, so I have some idea of where it comes from. It has it’s origins in Rome, but the name proper as we currently know it wasn’t used until it made it’s way to what’s now modern France 1000 years ago.

Deana Martin
Both actors In Your pic have been in bad films.
Deana Martian has been in one good film and ZERO bad films, giving her the best batting average, by science she is the best

I rather enjoy martin freeman

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 12.00.03 AM.png (1296x970, 887.18K)

right, and it's origin, which is what matters, right, is roman.

I know you like french things and you like your name. girls probably giggle when you say it's french, but the reality is, it has roman origin

See, that’s not a bad example of a Martin in acting. He’s very representative of the name in terms of it’s popularity and usage, I find. He’s been a character actor, but he’s always shined and been memorable in those positions, but not TOO much. He’s had starring roles but even with all the accolades those provide- still not super memorable. Much like his name, he’s a good actor that most people kind of forget exists unless they’re presented with him right in front of their faces.

No one in Rome was named anything that resembles “Martin”. The name comes from the Roman god Mars. It literally translates to “warlike one”. But the point is that’s not the name we know and use commonly today. The first time it’s recognizable in it’s modern form is in France about 1000 years ago

There was a show called Martin that starred a guy who was actually named Martin

Why are you talking about things like that? There’s no reason to talk about things like that. We’re talking about the BEST actors with that name. We don’t need to sully it by bringing up bad examples.

Killer quads breh. But the correct answer is Martin Mull