What's Any Forumss opinion on the the films of Wes Anderson?

What's Any Forumss opinion on the the films of Wes Anderson?

Attached: lifeaquaticblu00004.jpg (900x506, 247.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BaodLKGJsvM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: l8w41By.jpg (1200x718, 200.22K)

out of all the directors he is one

i wonder where it is now

Just watched French Dispatch. I think he's still got it

Attached: TFWnoloadbearingconcreteagrigate.png (1919x1080, 1.5M)

I like most of the work he has done, but not all.

Same, it was excellent.

I like a couple, liked Moonrise Kingdom a lot, others I couldn't finish after multiple attempts
I get the hate but it seems overblown, at worst he's innocuous

Who cares.

I love them, but French dispatch was disappointing, probably his 2nd worst film

He has a unique style and a clear vision for what he wants which is good.

However this style can get a little too self indulgent.

French Dispatch was enjoyable and didn't stray too far into this. Grand Budapest was basically unwatchable.

I'd like to see him make a more grounded film like Tenenbaums again before his he overdoses on early 20th century french art styles again.

shallow and pedantic

I agree with this, although I still found grand Budapest enjoyable.

We know he loves French style arts, but id love to see him to another asian inspired one after isle dogs.

What's so unwatchable about Grand Budapest? If anything, it was more straight-forward and easier to follow than French Dispatch. Are you saying the style was too overbearing?

Rushmore is his best film, because it's the only one that isn't completely irritating with its quirkiness and twee
Plus it's got a kino ending: youtu.be/BaodLKGJsvM

Attached: my-image.png (1007x579, 292.15K)

>Darjeeling limited in C tier
shit taste

Yes

How is Grand Budapest's style overbearing but not French Dispatch? His style is way heavier in the latter.

His movies give me a headache. Too fast and too much visual noise.

I watched royal tennenbaums and I don't get it.
what was the point of the movie.

I think the problem with anthology films is that if one of the stories doesnt quite work for someone, they tend to loose interest in the whole thing

pretentious hipster garbage

Might just boil down to personal preference.

I felt it fit when I watched Dispatch.
When I watched Budapest I kept thinking "Alright we get it Anderson" the whole time.

I'm not saying there was none of that in Dispatch but I never got annoyed with it in Dispatch unlike Budapest.

I don't like them but good on him for continuing to make quirky movies that seem to do well

something about his dialogue feels wrong. it's meticulously overengineered like aaron sorkin

Fair enough. I don't mind Anderson's style at all, but I thought Dispatch had way more of the overdesigned excessively symmetrical set pieces and shit. To each their own

I like them

except for fucking Isle of Dogs and to a lesser extent Fantastic Mr. Fox which were reddit as fuck

dogshit taste, delete this

Because people dont talk like that.
It fits his style, but it feels more like youre reading it off a page than actual natural conversation

Probably still there.
They will redecorate and use it for something else.

every time I see somebody say wes anderson is pretentious I think about how small a scope their world must be

I'll check this out, honestly I forgot about it.

On HBO right now

Absolute kino.
If I could only have 100, this would be on my shelf.

This whole sequence was one of the best visual gags I’ve ever seen

I don't understand why he got swapped out in prison, or who Del Toro was or why he did it.