Theoden, you must leave Rohan because… reasons Iol

>Theoden, you must leave Rohan because… reasons Iol
>OK sounds good. Where should I go?
>The well-fortified city of Gondor is like, an hour away, but we won’t bring it up until the next movie. Instead, you should go to HELMS DEEP
>Helms Deep, you say? That legendary yet conveniently abandoned stronghold that will offer me and my men (mounted warriors) no actual strategic advantage, let alone a means of escape? The very same helms deep? Say no more!
As much as I like LOTR, the story falls apart if you think about it for more than 10 seconds.

Attached: 68A8ADDE-A611-4BA1-9BE6-0CF58E50E87E.jpg (600x600, 179.97K)

>The well-fortified city of Gondor is like, an hour away

Are you actually retarded or is this just shit b8

you can’t even refute anything that I said Imao

OH NO NO NO AHAHa

he was based and would not want to rely on gondor cause they are assholes

Tolkein absollutely BTFO by OP lol

He is way too prideful to show up at Minis Tirith hat in hand and ask for them to take in an entire nation of people, to that end Gondor itself is under attack in its peripheral regions. Finally no one knew Saruman had just sprung up a big force.

Gondor wasn't far but Mina's Tirith was still about 300 miles away. Helms Deep was 60 miles away.

>prideful
>sits around all day in dirty, possibly shit-stained robes, looking like absolute death, in full view of his people

Also, let’s say you’re right and he didn’t want to go to Gondor. why not go to Lothlorien?

>well-fortified city of Gondor
Yeah, Gondor isn't a city. It's more like a big castle

Theoden kind of forgot about Lothlorien

>walk
>riding horses
>walk
>walk
>walk
>walk
>walk
>some talk
>walk
>walk
>walk
these movies are so fucking boring

Helms Deep was well-defended up until Saruman cheated with gunpowder.

>Sauron is so evil and powerful!
>why?
>UHHHH HE JUST IS OK!
tolkien never learned the first rule of good writing, which is show, don’t tell

>The well-fortified city of Gondor

Attached: 1498772284016.gif (209x213, 1.73M)

Minas tirith is about 3 times further away than helm's deep you retard

>orcs on foot can totally catch up to seasoned riders on horseback because… uh… something in the sillililimarillion said so
turns out you’re the retard

kek this

In the books, the Rohirrim depart Dunharrow on March 10, and arrive at Minas Tirith on the morning of March 15.
Things are compressed a bit in the movies, but it is still several days at the speeds an army can travel. Gandalf on Shadowfax is faster, and still "three days ride, as the Nazgul flies".

You need to watch "My Dinner with Andre".

nobody cares

Are you saying it isn't appropriate to nitpick a shitpost?
Gosh.

Gondor is no city, but a kingdom, you mean Osgiliath perhaps

>tolkienfags split hairs over the names of places instead of admitting the broader strokes of the story make literally no sense
pottery