Show should've been animated traditionally on film. I mean is that that expensive anyway? probably I guess, but fuck...

Show should've been animated traditionally on film. I mean is that that expensive anyway? probably I guess, but fuck, this diluted pastiche rubbish is actually so hard to watch. It feels inauthentic and silly to me.
Also, the theme-song fucking sucks major ass. What dumb whore did they get to sing this tripe? They couldn't find an actual professional instead of settling for some amateur """retro""" band? Christ, this sucks. Sets the mood though, I guess.
I couldn't get past the first two episodes btw. Just unpleasant. Have these retards ever seen a cartoon from back then? this shit reads more like a cartoon from the '90s with influences from cartoons from the rubber-hose era than something from that era; and the stories are garbage and stupid. This isn't entertaining.
I get that this is a children's show and I'm 18 but I played the game and I kind of expected better, ngl.

Attached: cupheadshow.jpg (1500x844, 248.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T6aqcwXtnbo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that's a cute cartoon, buddy, but i think you got the wrong board

I tried watching this, I couldn't even get through the first episode. Truly awful. Really disappointed considering how good the game was

Oh yeah, I guess you're right. But Any Forums is even more autistic and degenerate than this place so I tend to avoid it (plus I don't watch cartoons all that much anyway). Apologies though, user.
Yeah, definitely. Very hard to watch, very disappointing.

no one knows how to animate on film anymore

Attached: 1458945754599.png (1752x6796, 3.63M)

Any Forums is a containment board for a specific type of poster, not content. of course mods don't do anything either way.

>I mean is that that expensive anyway?
Netflix has a virtually unlimited budget when it comes to producing content. They just don't care about quality. That's why it was not traditionally animated.

So put up some youtube howto videos and stop bitching.

everyone who could put up a youtube video summarizing all the techniques developed over 50 years of traditional animation is dead.

The technique was devised in the first place and archeological history of the art exists. It's reasonable to think that people could teach themselves and refine their craft with enough study and practice.

Fuck it, I'm making my animated show on 16mm film and you can't stop me

Gem

Attached: gem.png (377x380, 169.43K)

>with enough study and practice.
and in how many quarters can we expect a return?

The animation fluidity was ok for me. I never expected to look as smooth as a 30s cartoon. For me, its harmless jokes and the lack of anatomically impossible transformations(only the devil pulled that kind of transformations, but its nothing interesting), killed it. Cuphead show should have been inspired from early Spongebob episodes(humor+animation), rather than 00s tom and jerry cartoons. This show is only for kids, women and betas that got filtered by the game

Probably nothing significant in our lifetime. :(

I couldn't watch it because they gave them these brutish voices of wise-guy New Yawkas or from Popeye, from that era, as opposed to the high pitched voices you'd have heard from cartoon characters back then like with Mickey Mouse etc.

yes, film animation is incredibly expensive, and time consuming, and if you fuck up you have to start all over again.
that was the original game's whole appeal

I watched the first episode, and at first it seemed weird how wacky and random Cuphead behaved.
But by the end I did like how a looming threat was established with the devil feeling like he's owed Cuphead's soul.

The animation style is a lot more Tiny Toons than 1930s rubber hose animation, but it's still gorgeous and it works.

It takes talent for one

youtube.com/watch?v=T6aqcwXtnbo

>they gave them these brutish voices of wise-guy New Yawkas or from Popeye
Well in the game Cuphead is also a fully mature gambling degenerate, so it does fit.

then who animated the game?

I know it's a schizo thread. but even with ''traditional'' animation it would still be for little kids

True, but it would be enjoyable as an art I think. I can watch steam boat willie as an adult, and even back then cartoons weren't meant exclusively for kids, they were just funny moving drawings.