What's responsible for this phenomena...

What's responsible for this phenomena? What happened to weekly adventures and why do people insist on calling those types of episodes "filler?"

Attached: Surf Dracula.png (598x348, 36.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ICAYMhyPcgw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

With streaming there's no longer any such thing as "Prime Time".

Subscription based, company specific, entertainment

all they have to do is hook you in once for the monthly subscription, then try and keep you on that hook for the next season

Can surf dracula shred during the day or is he restricted to surfing at night? I'd think the only way he could hang out with all the human surfers would be to have a comical disguise with a ton of sunscreen so no one knew who he actually was besides a young couple who sees him surfing while they're on the beach at night.

I think it was Buffy that first started the trend of story arcs per season. As with many Hollywood sins, you can trace it back to Joss Whedon. These arc driven shows with strong inter-episode continuity were said to be superior to low continuity adventure of the week shows. Shows like The Sopranos, Wire, and Battlestar Galactic cemented this trend.

The big difference is that continuity shows mean you have to invest in seeing the story beginning to end. People will begrudgingly say that they hate a show, but will continue to stick around just to see how it ends. Contrast that with low continuity shows, which you can jump in or out at any time, and the entire focus is on the adventure. Many of these shows would play in the background as people went about their day.

Attached: buffy_joss_whedon[1].jpg (1000x566, 67K)

Attached: surf dracula.jpg (2000x1333, 314.24K)

He could say that he has a sun sensitivity, so that he has to wear absurd levels of sunblock, and have big shades.

Women love filler episodes and they love flashbacks. Women love to find out "what lead up to" something, rather than watching that something play out. I can't explain it, but this is my observation as a non-virgin

Phenomenon* and you wouldn’t ask what’s reasonable about it, you would ask what the reason is.

I hate this bullshit as well, how come I can't watch a movie about megaman without first having watched the first movie where he becomes megaman (and in the sequel he for some plot contrivance reason loses his powers and has to spend the whole movie trying to get them back)
Just give me megaman being megaman ffs

Sunscreen you fool
SPF 9000

>a young couple who sees him surfing while they’re on the beach at night
*gasp!* the Van Helsings! Be cool, Drac.

womboids love being emotionally on the hook to something
the instance and sensation of not knowing what’s in the present as you rip the ribbons off
it’s actually how all ape women orgasm:
from the realization of rape, but it’s gradual

and dracula would be african

>if surf dracula falls into the water he risk losing the sun protection and dying
it was exciting elements like those that made me come back to classic surf dracula every week

I liked the night episodes more, since it focused more on his detective side, without the need for a kryptonite like weakness. He could just solve this week's mystery in a trench coat, and slip into the shadows as needed and use more of his vampiric powers.

Babylon 5 and Deep Space 9 both predate Buffy. But there were still weekly adventures that actually had conclusions at the end of the episode in both DS9 and Buffy (never really got into B5 so I can't speak for it too well)

Underrated

It’s a purely financial choice. When a show is leading up to “something” you can drag out someone’s subscriptions since already invested in the show and want to see how it ends.The Disney + Marvel shows almost all start and end on different months specifically to so the studio can get that extra month payment. If the show is self contained people are focusing on the enjoyment they had each episode and are more likely to unsubscribe on a whim.

youtube.com/watch?v=ICAYMhyPcgw