What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: 355-poster-560x880-615f7919a99f0-1.jpg (560x880, 312.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OuxI2w2_DeQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Women don't watch action/espionage movies
Men don't watch action/espionage movies with female leads

They tried to make an oceans eleven spy movie.
And most successful spy movies focus on one guy or one guy and maybe his team. Like the Mission Impossible movies. Everyone there is meant to help Ethan advance his story or complete his goals, they're support. This was some everyone has a story and unique motive for being there we're stronger as a team shit. Which to me seems to be a thing now. And it gets lost in the general disappointment of movies or other shit people complain about. But now it seems really common for movies and shows to want to give equal time and depth to everybody and it just makes for a shit story overall.

I hate to bring this up as some kind of "rent free" type of rant but i really think it's the Avengers fault. Dumbasses see a successful thing with an all-star team and just decide to copy that with no thought put in as to why it worked. For example if this movie was the leads from La Femme Nikita, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Salt, and Atomic Blonde all teaming up for some fucking reason maybe it would have worked better. Assuming half the audience is familiar with the those movies.

Ugly cast

Depicting women doing shit we know they can't do.

The producers didn't loudly advertise that the story wasn't "woke" and that this wasn't a feminist statement about how men are bad, so everyone assumed it was. And maybe it is. I dunno, I don't care. All I know is that in addition to all the usual factors working against female-lead action/espionage films, the recent agenda behind these kinds of films is especially toxic, and if a studio wants me to watch their movie, they have to convince me its not a two-hour lecture about girl power and toxic masculinity.

>from the studio
This is the lowest bottom of the barrel scraping. It's even worse than
>from the producers of

America russia and china working together this aged well

i didn't even know this movie existed until they started reporting that it was bombing

Attached: shrug.jpg (1024x551, 107.86K)

youtu.be/OuxI2w2_DeQ

Attached: 1623200619067.jpg (1998x3000, 628.36K)

No memorable characters, or traits.

>What went wrong?
All the ads for it showed a bunch of women talking big but then showed no action, no mention of an actual story. "We're the best" and then it cut to a title card that was a random number.

Either it was so shit they wanted to show as little as possible or they thought leaving it intentionally vague would draw people in. Either way, it didn't work.

Attached: shrug.jpg (800x1143, 133K)

Yup. Chastain is insufferable.

No scene where they all sexually torture me

how are leather pencil skirts legal?

Attached: oh jesus.gif (188x174, 475.58K)

the narration had me dying

Attached: 1616708213322.jpg (536x479, 53.83K)

>The UK agent is black
Every time

Attached: laughingatsluts.jpg (676x720, 90.43K)

Penelope>Jessica>Diane>Lupita>Bugbug

The main plot point was go somewhere and steal a thing. Oh no the thing was stolen steal it back. A James Bond plot stolen from 30 years ago without a real villain. The cast were let down, you can’t act a lack of story or a character with “female spy” as the sole listed characteristic.

What the fuck happened to Chastain?

She started her own production company to make these crappy spy movies then lost some weight

>Columbian Agent
>German Agent
What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: I spilled my beer for this.jpg (1280x945, 351.11K)

Less retarded than an American, a Bong, and a German working with a fucking bug.