The Thing vs The Blob

Which would win?

Attached: 1589612425844.jpg (1024x572, 251.1K)

The Thing is easier to destroy and its method of assimilation has many downsides.

the thing because I like it more

Why hasn't someone made a kino about this yet?

The Blob might actually win this. Usually the Thing is the OP one, but every part of the blob is digestive. If it can successfully digest any Thing cell that tries to enter it, the Thing has no ability to assimilate.

However, the Thing is actually very intelligent and can even build advanced technology. The Blob is basically just a big dumb animal. So the ability of the Thing to strategize and use tools might swing this back around.

The Thing would just assimilate the blob, it would just become a bigger monster.

The Blob (1988) is one of my favorite 80s movies. It hits almost all of my favorite points.

>The bad boy rebel without a clue
>Popular preppy girl who falls for him
>Dirtbike
>Spooky woods full of glowniggers

why do you faggots call them glowies?

>but every part of the blob is digestive
That's true of the thing as well. Literally every one of its cells is digestive of other cells, and can replicate whatever it assimilates. Seems like the biggest factor is if the blob is cellular at all. If so, I think it goes to the thing. If not, the blob has a huge advantage if we rule out of the use of tech.

Also there's the alien assimilation curveball. If the thing has already assimilated an alien that has some sort of physiology that renders it immune, harmful, or resistant to the blob's corrosive digestion, the thing has nothing to fear. Would be fun to watch just for how gross it would look though.

If the Blob is organic in nature it obviously loses but if it's inorganic the Things chief ability is curtailed and it had had rely on asymmetrical tactics like said

Don’t forget
>child fucking dies

This. If the battle is the Thing in dog form versus a equal volume of Blob and the fight takes places inside a big concrete room, then Blob wins by digesting the Thing as it tries and fails to assimilate the Blob.

If the battle is the Thing in dog form at one end of a small town and and equal volume of Blob at the other end, and hundreds of human NPCs in between as well as human tech and building supplies? The Thing could possibly invent a freeze ray and effectively fight the Blob -- but I'd still give odds to the Blob, which is just way more aggressive than the Thing and will likely push a confrontation before the Thing can respond. And the Blob is going to grow and grow as it consumes the townsfolk and Thing spawns.

What's the point of creating creatures like this that are so ridiculously OP? Humanity clearly doesn't even stand a chance in hell, the thing and the blob are basically donut steel OCs

We call them glowniggers, but you have to go back.

Attached: glowniggers.jpg (1095x1587, 382.31K)

someone post the bling

the blob is just your generic slime monster
the thing is a scout offshoot of cosmic horror

>you faggots

reddit is that-a-way champ, looks like you took the wrong turn

Lots of bacteria and viruses that can normally infect and destroy cells are themselves eradicated by stomach acid. We see that the Thing cells are vulnerable to being destroyed by heat, there is no reason to believe that they would be immune to acid. Especially since the replicated cells made by the Thing are made of the same materials as the host, therefore they should be about as vulnerable to the same things as the costs would be on a chemical level.

If you watch the movie, it explains your question and counters your supposition.

The Blob relies on human biology to be so effective. A lot of its kills involve catching a single limb, thereby trapping the flimsy human. The Thing is fully detachable. The Blob grabs its arm? The Thing just detaches that and gets out. Catches its head? Pfft, who cares? The Thing has as many heads as it wants.

You know they both were defeated in the movies in which they appear, yes?

The Thing can only assimilate in the dark. It has limitations that the Blob may not have.

I always thought the blob was a sentient but inorganic being. The blob has the ability to essentially “melt” away flesh and bone by consuming the prey, and seeing as how the thing can be burned alive, I think as soon as the blob makes contact with the thing, it’s pretty much over. Not to mention, the thing does’t really have any means of destroying the blob. It could definitely break off into smaller pieces to survive and run away, but in order to even assimilate, the thing needs to make physical contact with its host.

Attached: ohno.webm (1280x688, 2.8M)

>never heard of a virus or the atomic bomb

Go back to Any Forums or Any Forums

seeing how effective fire is whatever acid or enzymes or whatever the hell else the Blob uses to break down stuff should be fine, the Thing has to devour it's host at the molecular level first before it can mimic it and it can't do that if the host is continuously breaking it down before it can manage that