Thoughts? oscar isaac is sorta underrated isnt he...

thoughts? oscar isaac is sorta underrated isnt he? i know hes done complete dog shit stuff like star wars but seems like everything else he touches is brilliant

Attached: CC_One-Sheet.jpg_max.jpg (1080x1600, 433.92K)

If it didn't have the ugly sheboon I'd have loved this. It's a very comfy movie, despite the subject matter.

Ending is predictable/weak and the attempt to turn the plot into a critique of military detention camps is unnatural and heavyhanded.
The dialogue is vaguely theatrical, David Mametish but mostly good, Tiffany Haddish is quite good, the cast in general does a good job. The movie's highlight is the walk through that lighted park at night.

I haven't seen him in a lot of stuff but he just always seems like a regular boring dude

This is my favourite film ever.

Attached: file.png (1081x1500, 2.72M)

no he is not underrated lmao

He's getting pushed because he looks Mexican not because he's a good actor

>Welsh name
>Spic actor

>Welsh name

That's actually a minor plot aspect. Llewyn isn't a real name

first of all the poker it tried to potray isn't the poker of today. if you want to live life like Oscar you do it online. secondly, the plot about oscar giving his life for a stranger isn't justified, thirdly, one can sense how the movie is going to end perhaps not with an micheangelo-referenced god creating adam shot
schrader doesnt succeed with the pace, the editing and storytelling of what happens now and with the prison doesn't work that great
then it has issues with plot holes that makes the film look stupid like Oscar leaving the final table against USA to visit Dafoe)

Attached: da cad cunter.jpg (1355x559, 118.06K)

will smith career path, and just as obvious and artificial about it

>card counter

you just know screenwriter is absolutely clueless and doesnt even know poker rules.

Where's Oscar's clean rap career?

>Tiffany Haddish
she wasn't great. the chemistry betwween her and Oscar were lacking.
I agree with you about the lighted park scene. I tried to draw that scene for a draw thread a couple weeks ago. none guessed the movie. I'd say it's the only reason to watch the movie.
>have you ever seen a city all lighted up?

Attached: city all litten up.jpg (886x690, 418.47K)

>spic
Let's be honest here, the guy's maybe 10% "Latinx".

No but Llewellyn is, I just assumed it was some weird muttification of it.

It is. That's one of the points of the film. That he's kind of a fraud.

You fucking what? He looks straight out of Peru

>being this faceblind
Kek.

What other Schneider films are good?

Do they even make an attempt to pronounce the Ll sound properly in it?

I love Schrader but this was the worst film of his I’ve seen - still 7/10 though. First Reformed was way better