Me: This show looks fucking terrible, I can't believe Amazon is ruining LOTR like this

>Me: This show looks fucking terrible, I can't believe Amazon is ruining LOTR like this.
>The Escapist and other faggots: Yeah but what about the racist hate mobs online
>Me:...what?
Amazon is brilliant for this you have to admit. It's Ghostbusters 2016 all over again.

Attached: FKrirNEVcAQqTh0.jpg (1382x2048, 489.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

escapistmagazine.com/why-are-people-so-angry-about-the-rings-of-power/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're brilliant for spending a fortune on an IP to produce a terrible show that no one will watch because they prioritize modern diversity politics over making good movies?

Nah op is saying they're basically hedging their bets. If they make it and it's just shit then it'll get ignored. If they make it and it's shit but the heckin evil racists hate it because of blacks the self-hating white liberals will watch it out of duty.

No they're brilliant for using diversity as a shield against any possible criticism of the show.

This. But I don't think it'll work, some liberals will watch it of course but most people see right through that cynical shit.

I’d never heard of the escapist, but because of op I looked up the article he mentioned. Not only does it not make the argument he claims it does, they pull quotes from 20 years ago when the first movie was being released, and point out this is an almost identical reaction to how the internet responded then.

escapistmagazine.com/why-are-people-so-angry-about-the-rings-of-power/amp/

Nobody watched or cared about Ghostbusters 2016. It's not even in the Ghostbusters collection. Sony is probably embarrassed by that moment

>It's Ghostbusters 2016 all over again.
remind me, how did that work out?

No I was referencing a live stream they did where they just spent most of the time talking about the black elves and black dwarf. My point was who gives a shit it's gonna suck but keep talking about the black elf I guess. Sorry for making you waste your time user :)

It puzzles me what's so incomprehensible about fans of existing material detesting the changes they're making to it accompanied by what are essentially "get with the times, this is what it's all about now" derogatory comments.

Attached: confused skaven_face.png (412x393, 53.22K)

Yeah but they rolled out the "racists hate it" narrative after it was already flopping (because it's shit), this time they're leading out of the gate with it

Do I need to remind you?

Attached: dar3a1i-9550d159-6336-4439-8d37-96e79f28232a.png (499x499, 202.54K)

all the people seething over this are playing right into amazon's hands, whether they know it or not. it's all advertising and hype for the show. you can cope and seethe all you want about "UHMM ACSKAULLY I WON'T BE WATCHING IT!", because 10 others lurking in this thread will check it out because they saw you lose your mind over it.

you know what would ACTUALLY hurt amazon? you shut the fuck up about the show and let it die.

>The Escapist
Does that place even have anything worthwhile other than Yahtzee?

theyre more known for their youtube channel with Yatzee getting views from reviewing gaming for over 12 years now and literally staying consistent through out with it. but the other people involved with the channel (one being Jack Paker from RLM) are super pozzed posting retared takes on their livestream

Literally this.

No.

You can't shut up because then the shills will have won. Yes, you complaining generates interest and engagement, but it's better than rolling over and taking it up the ass from Amazon's hype machine.

>release all your most controversial changes in one go
>know that chuds will just shout and scream about race
>every other criticism gets drowned out and pushed under the carpet
>now normies are less likely to be critical because they don't want to be associated with racists
Pretty standard tactics desu, worked a charm too. Almost nobody is talking about them compressing 3k years of history, which is far more significant than a black person existing in middle earth.

>but it's better than rolling over and taking it up the ass from Amazon's hype machine.
Yeah but the machine will fall apart once the show comes out and sucks.

>Yes, you complaining generates interest and engagement, but
but nothing. you're a pawn in amazon's marketing campaign, and you're so deep in denial it's sad.

This kek, all clearly pre planned. They could have just showed a trailer with the canon character but instead of Elendil and Celebrimbor they chose to show oc brown elf side character and oc black dwarf woman.
They wanted all this attention.