Did it like it, Any Forums?

Also why did Cronenberg go from weird interesting to mainstream normie kino?

Attached: 2939CE9F-6235-4FD1-A5B8-1B16F56B1B67.jpg (1280x720, 134.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rY9eSzB-KbU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Kills his wife
>Travels to Africa for gay sex and every narcotic conceivable to man in foreign bazaars
If Naked Lunch is any indicator, I can't even imagine the level of intensity some of his trips must've been.

Attached: burroughs.jpg (474x315, 42.45K)

The shift is strange, but Cronenberg is legit underrated kino genius to create stuff ranging from scanners to fly to dead ringers to eastern promises. I could watch any of his films, they’re all interesting. .

I must make 2 points:
Cronenerg's movie is about how the book was written, not the book itself. You could not make an adaptation of the book. Impossible and illegal.

Videodrome, Naked Lunch and eXistenZ are actually a thematically related trilogy.

He also raped kids in Mexico with the rest of the beat generation

When has Cronenberg been 'mainstream normie'? The Fly and History of Violence were successful, but they're very much fucked up auteur pieces.

Existenz is terrible though. Unwatchable. So is the Burroughs movie. I feel John carpenter carried cronenbergs legacy forward. So did de Palma although he was making films earlier.

The book is basically just schizo shit, gay sex, gay pedophilia, and drug use

Shit taste.

I can see that. All three are like that dream you can't wake up from.

I feel that you were filtered and are too young to post on this board. Namedropping unrelated directors underscores my feeling.

Name a single Cronenbergian De Palma film.

As much as I love Carpenter, he went off the rails and never got back on track when Cronenberg was still going strong.

HOV and Eastern Promises are definitely mainstream. There’s still very cronenberg shit in them, (fetishization, body horror) massively dialed down, only noticeable if you’ve watched a lot of cronenberg.

I saw both in cinemas. How are they mainstream?

Body double or the untouchables

Body Double is him doing his Hitchcock fanboy thing with even less subtlety than normal. How is The Untouchables even remotely Cronenbergian?

Vampires is good and it’s from the 90s

>no you can’t talk about movies

It’s violent and supernatural

Great kinos, but outside of the third acts twist very traditional script/themes/characters, etc. no weirder or edgier than, say, Croupier or memento or Fight Club or Usual Supects or se7en or dozens of other mainstream films. Frankly se7en and 12 monkeys were more “out there”

Arguably also Scarface for the same reason

>supernatural
You have not seen The Untouchables.

What reason?

I keep meaning to watch this movie but I'm still not going to

fuck naked lunch

I’ve only seen Videodrome and Scanners, and I thought both were total garbage.
Is it worth watching any more Cronenberg films, or will I feel the same way about all of them?

Also science fiction, comedy, and adventure.

Attached: Naked Lunch.jpg (491x726, 67.62K)

post more naked lunch kino
>youtube.com/watch?v=rY9eSzB-KbU

Attached: pp.png (1727x977, 558.58K)

ayy lmao

Sounds like you have a very surface level idea of Cronenberg's work, no offence intended there. History of Violence is like him taking the basic bare bones structure of an average thriller and then building it up with stuff you don't get in that kind of thing usually. Your average Hollywood thriller doesn't take the time to show the main couple keeping their marriage alive by 69ing, or a man messily breathing his last through a ragged hole in his fucked up face after the exciting, 'heroic' part of a shootout has happened. Watching it in cinemas was great, partially because of the effect it had on people who expected a more run of the mill offering.