Wait a minute

Are monopolies GOOD?!?!

Attached: ekhpyx8tfnf31.jpg (505x768, 74.98K)

Steam works alright, not sure how it alone seems to have found the formula for unlimited success without being cartoonishly evil

Simplicity is good. Too many streaming services, shit is like cable 2.0

unironically all streaming services should be nationalized and made available to the public like how public libraries sometimes do with their video collections

Does Netflix even streams movies still? The last year I had it was 2018 and even then their catalog was running thin

Unironically monopolies can be good if they are efficient.

jews bad, free stuff good

paying for non-physical media is bad

Intellectual property is a monopoly on ideas. The reason having multiple services sucks is because each holds monopoly rights over certain shows, which hurts the user experience. This problem is solved by pirate sites (i.e., the free market).

No, monopolies aren't good. This whole problem is caused by the state enforcing a monopoly to solve a problem they themselves created.

>unironically dictators can be good if they are benevolent

>like 8 streaming sites.
>They produce nothing but garbage.

Is amazing to me how technology has evolved so much but HBO shows from 20 years ago still BTFO all of them with its ancient media platform.

forget about original programming, which platform has the best /film/ back catalogue? i only have hbomax and it seems to have a pretty decent selection.

Thinking about it, it's surprise they haven't taken advantage of their position way more

honestly it's HBOMax. sorry user

Not being publicly traded

I think Valve are unironically too lazy to try to exploit anyone

Literally solely because of Gaben. As soon as he dies some corporate soulless husk is going to start cutting features and implementing a premium subscription

>competition is... le bad?!
imagine trying to teach microeconomic theory to a 10 year old who is high on mescaline and this is the take you would get, I love the projection on Any Forums, people freak out when twitter screencap threads get started, the reason is they know deep down the truth, Any Forums and twitter are exactly the same

also, just to be clear OP, Netflix streaming was terrible in 2012
/thread

>>unironically dictators can be good if they are benevolent

Correct. See: Singapore. Being democratic doesn't mean anything if the population is retarded. See: Latin America.

HBO's quality was diluted in WB's attempt to jam their entire shitty catalog on it and become Netflix 2.0.

RuTracker

Attached: 8CNbvRnsnzA.jpg (258x314, 34.73K)

I would have no problem with the current situation if shows were good. Is not that different from how networks used to own shows and you were forced to watch them on their channels.

For some reason even though the FCC can't even touch them or tell them what to broadcast they do the most safe, boring and pozzed shows ever.
Is sad state of affairs

That's the exact reason they don't. By taking advantage of your market position to implement bad practices you will eventually lose that position. Steam is dominant because it's the best. If it stops being the best, it will no longer be dominant.

But the videogame market is so oversaturated to ever say there is a "monopoly".

Not only valve competes with different console platforms and their walled gardens, in PC there are so many different ways to get games.

Steam is sp good because gaben refused to let PC gaming die.

Just made this. watcha think?

Attached: anool56fb8s21.jpg (636x548, 73.19K)

I just figured it out, those big things on his head are his eyes

no matter where, when, how, how many options I have, or how much money, or how much time, I will pirate.

rarbg is pretty decent for shitty old flicks and that sweet x265 doe fr no cap

This, being publicly traded means having to constantly chase neverending growth to satisfy shareholders. It's an impossible task that only leads to evil and ruin.

>Correct
and now you know why the expression "better in theory than in practice" exists. no benevolent dictators, no benevolent monopolies.

Bitch, I just gave an example of it occurring in practice.